Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
T'is a good idea AndrieK. I'll dig up the specs for the Hankook Dynapro AT/M RF10 18". A tyre "ready reckoner" is worth the effort. It's not easy getting tyres selected right for these bloody vehicles. I've already ready too many "not happy Jan's" where tyres were not up to the job. And it takes a lot of effort to read reviews and research tyres, then work out what's legal (here) and etc, etc.

BTW, I use the phrase "not happy Jan" a lot...it's Aussie...humour:

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Here's a link to the Dynapro specs - I guess you can extract the info you need from here and add to the file.

Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10

IMO - don't go bigger that the 60 profile as you run the risk with intercooler slat rubbing with wheel articulation. I also feel 265 is the max.

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
I recently put on Bridgeston Deuller Revos sized at 265/60-18s which are all terran tires.

I went from a 29 inch tire to a 30.5, I didnt want to push my luck with a 65 profile. These fill out the wheel well in sport mode with no rubbing to include turning.

The speedometer is now dead on and the odometer seems to be not affected as I verified both with my Tom Tom.
I've experienced the same as you with speedo reading on the same size tyres. I agree that a 65 profile is pushing it, where a 60 is safe fit with full lock.

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
I just ordered Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 P265/65R-18. I have not received them yet.

Am I hearing that the max is 265/60/18?

I thought someone on a prior post said the max for this tire is 265/65 on 18 inch rim.

I have a 2005 Touareg with air suspension.
US member had 65 profile I have 60 profile. I have my doubts with 65 as they may rub the front intercooler slats inside the front end of the wheel well. 60 gets no rub.

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Bugger! That Treg is the same colour as my now (ex)Treg. The tyres are similar to the Hankook Dynapro RF10 pattern. They were good. A/T shod wheels give the Treg the means to get a bit more serious off the black top. Most owners won't fit them and they'll never know about the Treg will they? Anyways, a story with a moral to it. I would always be careful where I took the Treg...after all it's a luxury SUV and no scratchs or dings:(My son had a love affair, first with a 4x4 dual cab Hilux SR5, then last year, a 4x4 Ford Ranger XLT, both TD's. He tries to be the young man and bush bash both of them. Not all they were made out to be he finds out. You can't take them just anywhere...they break and get stuck. I said, "son, get rid of the Ranger".....now, he's going to soon work for me and I now have the new Navara. Ranger went bye, bye yesterday. But, he's not permitted to treat the Navara the same as his old rides. I said, "son, go buy a Suzuki Sierra". He did last weekend, a modified 1.6litre EFI and goes like a cut snake! - see pics. Moral of the story is the Suzi will sh1t on just about anything off road. Cost bugger all to buy and even less to run. I told him when he got it to fit:

1. ADR approved racing seats (he got some for $300 - $1300 new price).
2. 4-point harness.
3. Roll cage

After he does that, he can lift it 4", then fit big boofy tyres to it and whatever else turns him on. He listened to the old man! So, a Treg's a Treg, but it ain't a Project Suzi....you can figure the rest out.

Attachments

Reactions: djklhc

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Yes, I figured the rest out. Your son buys the car, buys and fits all the parts Dad tells him to and then, somehow or other, Dad ends up driving it . . .
Noooo! It's his toy...cheap to play with and sensible boy entertainment....let's face it, we boys never grow up. Four months ago, he took his Ranger to Fraser Island....lots of fun. Came back and the ABS warning light stayed illuminated. The slacker didn't worry about it (4th yr mechanic apprentice finshes next month) - the ABS had actually failed. So, he gets a buyer for his car last week, needs a roadworthy - FAIL, and that's from his boss! All the wheel spin in the sand (fun) with the grit and water caused a wheel sensor failure.....cost him more to get the thing fixed that the cost of 5 days at Fraser. Moral to his story (from me to him) is to drive a 4x4 that can take the punishment and still be fun. I grant the Sierra is a coffin on wheels with no safety features, other than a seatbelt. Hence, my insistence on the full harness, racing seats and roll cage. I'll go out with him in the pax seat after that is done, but I'll nag him if he gets carried away.....always a parent and you're stuck with them for life:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
2,928 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts