Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 3.0l tdi... It’s about time to start shopping around for summer tires...stock is 265/50R19... what is the widest I can go without rubbing? Will 305/45r19 fit or 285/295-50r19? And what summer tires does everyone recommend?! Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
550 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Funny thing is I just answered a similar question for someone on FB today. Most VW 19" wheels have specs of 8.5x19 ET59. I had 285/45/19 summer tires on my OE 19" VW wheels. No rubbing. The manufacture of the tire suggested a rim width of 9.0 minimal. The tires did fit on the 8.5 though. Any wider than 285 and I think I would be compromising the integrity of the sidewall. Consequently I went back to OEM width of 265 with my new tires.

·
Registered
187 Posts
@Jamie1985, refer to Porsche Cayenne 958 specs as a starting point for how wide you can go. You can even go staggered with no problems as long as you keep the outer diameter of all wheels the same.

As I'm sure you know, the Cayenne and Touareg are more similar than different. Wheels are interchangable between the two (assuming they are in the same generation).

The largest OEM wheelset is 22x11" ET40 front and rear on the Turbo S: Porsche Cayenne 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

@TheChunknorris had some Cayenne Turbo wheels on his truck. 21x10" ET50. Read through this thread: Abt exterior parts

The wheel wells are huge. You got lots of room to play. I'm casually looking for a set in 20x10" front and 20x11 rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Jamie1985, refer to Porsche Cayenne 958 specs as a starting point for how wide you can go. You can even go staggered with no problems as long as you keep the outer diameter of all wheels the same.

As I'm sure you know, the Cayenne and Touareg are more similar than different. Wheels are interchangable between the two (assuming they are in the same generation).

The largest OEM wheelset is 22x11" ET40 front and rear on the Turbo S: Porsche Cayenne 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs

@TheChunknorris had some Cayenne Turbo wheels on his truck. 21x10" ET50. Read through this thread: Abt exterior parts

The wheel wells are huge. You got lots of room to play. I'm casually looking for a set in 20x10" front and 20x11 rear.
Thanks so much this is so informative! His Treg is so sick btw lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Funny thing is I just answered a similar question for someone on FB today. Most VW 19" wheels have specs of 8.5x19 ET59. I had 285/45/19 summer tires on my OE 19" VW wheels. No rubbing. The manufacture of the tire suggested a rim width of 9.0 minimal. The tires did fit on the 8.5 though. Any wider than 285 and I think I would be compromising the integrity of the sidewall. Consequently I went back to OEM width of 265 with my new tires.
haha ya that was probably also me... thanks for the info! I’ve had 305’s on 8” wide rims before with no issues whatsoever I was more interested on if the wider rubber would contact anything with stock offset...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts