Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just joined up on this forum so excuse the initial post of asking for help when I guess I should introduce myself :) but I will do that properly later on. In the meantime I have 2 questions ( more to follow no doubts !! )

This one is about Mats and how to secure them. Car is a 2003 Touareg (UK) V10 ( yes its bloody fast :smile2:) and when I got it, few things were missing, namely some of the locating lugs in the drivers side and in the rear passenger footwell.

Now I can feel underneath the carpet there is plastic and although I have been to our local VW deter spare dept, they are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike .. have bought some replacement mats but without the lugs I can't secure them from slipping.

Does anyone know where to get these parts or failing that, how to swap out the bits remaining for the newer round shaped ones.

Some pictures to help.
* note my post count is 0 so can't include photos. will do later

Many thanks
Chris

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I understand you correctly you are saying you no longer have the round stud that sticks up out of the carpet, right? And therefore your floor mat has nothing to clip onto and is slipping around?

3D0061494A01C "Tall" Round Floor Mat Screws - Black

I had spent last week researching floor mats. Round hole rubber floor mats were discontinued. I have round posts in the carpet. So I bought oval floor mats and swapped out the oval retaining clips with round clips... Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what year had round or oval.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/tall-round-floor-mat-screws-black/3d0061494a01c/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I understand you correctly you are saying you no longer have the round stud that sticks up out of the carpet, right? And therefore your floor mat has nothing to clip onto and is slipping around?

3D0061494A01C "Tall" Round Floor Mat Screws - Black

I had spent last week researching floor mats. Round hole rubber floor mats were discontinued. I have round posts in the carpet. So I bought oval floor mats and swapped out the oval retaining clips with round clips... Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what year had round or oval.

It is a real pain I agree. To compound the problem further, I had ordered a set of new mats for the car. Being a numpty that I am , I forgot to look at the order form and they turned up with round clips (well round holes actually but you know what I mean). So now I am left with the dilemma , do I try and swap out ALL the clips to round on the carpet, which frankly looks a real pain or return the mats and get the oval ones and then try and find the lugs to match. I can't believe that VW make it such a PITA to get right, swap the parts from year to year and the parts dept at my local dealer are less than helpful. All I want to do is to drive around with mats that don't slide around and end up half up the blooming footwell. grrrr. Anyway as I have reached the magic 5 count I can now post pictures :)

Thanks for your help so far

·
Registered
137 Posts

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/51049/Floor-Mat-Retainer-Kit-Oval-3D0061795B41/

You can use 2 screwdrivers on the floor mats and pop the floor mat retainer clips off. They are two piece that snap onto the floor mat. Then you can switch from round to oval. (the opposite of what I just did).

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/vw-rubber-floor-mats-round-hole-work-around-269713.html

I'm guessing that somehow the oval post out of the carpet just broke off. Probably can screw a replacement oval stud down into there.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/floor-mat-screws-anthracite/3d006179671n/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMItYmm8uuA1wIVA5d-Ch38lw6aEAYYASABEgLjUvD_BwE

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi everyone

Just joined up on this forum so excuse the initial post of asking for help when I guess I should introduce myself :) but I will do that properly later on. In the meantime I have 2 questions ( more to follow no doubts !! )

This one is about Mats and how to secure them. Car is a 2003 Touareg (UK) V10 ( yes its bloody fast :smile2:) and when I got it, few things were missing, namely some of the locating lugs in the drivers side and in the rear passenger footwell.

Now I can feel underneath the carpet there is plastic and although I have been to our local VW deter spare dept, they are as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike .. have bought some replacement mats but without the lugs I can't secure them from slipping.

Does anyone know where to get these parts or failing that, how to swap out the bits remaining for the newer round shaped ones.

Some pictures to help.
* note my post count is 0 so can't include photos. will do later

Many thanks
Chris
If this is what you're looking for, they are about @12.00 for 4 of them at the dealer and Ebay.

z747pilot

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your posts and advice. I have already tried a few of the suggestions but like I mentioned before, it seems the problem is not the mats, be they oval or round. It is the carpet bit. Underneath the carpet the plastic discs that snap onto the matching top part are the problem as they have some internal thread that is worn away (hence they won't accept any of the top parts I have tried) .
So the trick I think is to replace that part but they seem to be bonded to the carpet. So it looks like I have to take the carpet up to get at them to replace. Oh well its a project for another day I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts