Club Touareg Forum banner

341 - 360 of 398 Posts

·
Administrator
4,289 Posts
Great pics Shubie! I especially like the shot of my Touareg lifting it's leg. I have lots of pics but few of Touaregs, a side effect of being the group leader and managing two kids every time I'm out of the vehicle. That and no real Internet at the house.

Yesterday was a long but fun day on the trails. We were trying hard to beat the impending rain to make it to some spectacular wildflowers in American Basin. We were not disappointed, except for some flat light.

Today was a trip up Yankee Boy basin with a short side trip to the lowest part of Imogene pass trail. By then it had started to rain pretty well and we decided not push a flash flood watch, less we end up in a similar situation as last years washout.

Here are a few iPhone pics from the last few days. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,289 Posts
Wednesday is an optional day but may be a don't miss this year. We will be touring the Red Mountain Mining District below Red Mountain Pass. There is trail driving, but nothing extreme. There will be lots of old mine buildings, turn tables and trams. There will also be geocaching. Bring good shoes and rain gear as both will be needed. Also plan to bring a trail lunch, but we will be ending the tour after lunch. The rest of the day is free to do with as you want. Wine tasting at the warehouse begins at 6:00.

As with all of these activities, this is optional. Those that want to join should lineup in front of the Warehouse at 9:00.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For Wednesday, 9:00 am Mountain Time.

Touareg Colorado Rally on USTREAM: clubtouareg.com 2011 Colorado Rallly in Ouray.

Webcam will be broadcasting Rick's Red Mountain District Tour. Coverage is expected to be fair; two prior passes of the valley indicated coverage. There will be gaps as we travel through the canyon to get into the area; and we may lose coverage at various locations. There will be sections where the group will hike to a location and the webcam will not follow. Webcam will be up shortly before departure time.

·
Super Moderator
9,388 Posts
Hey Chris, internet is not bad at the warehouse. You just need to be in the right room our out on the deck. Or did they change up the free wifi at the hotel this year?

·
Registered
193 Posts
brucesailor said:
siberian

There are 4 hitch tire carries at the rally. 2 of them are out of production., the other 2 are by CBI offroad Cbioffroadfab. schubie has the custom setup(see his thread on it) and I have their basic model that I picked up on the way to the rally. They all seem to do the job.

Bruce
My spare is underneath or sometimes I throw it up in the Thule on top. Just another option ...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ziggymackenzie said:
Sounds great, I'll be excited to see the roll out, shouldn't be a problem to be up in time for since I have a few hours on you guys to prepare for that :razz:

Happy Trailing! Someone get a shot pulling an FJ out of a rut!
Gotta participate to get the goodies Ziggy ! If the folks present this year do not want to purchase the few additional stickers we have we may be able to work something out and pay via PayPal . We will see !!!

·
Super Moderator
9,388 Posts
Gotta participate to get the goodies Ziggy ! If the folks present this year do not want to purchase the few additional stickers we have we may be able to work something out and pay via PayPal . We will see !!!
How is the Queens Chariot doing this year? :)

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Christina treated the kids to a little face painting last night ! Ethan went for the arm painting and chose excellent logos !

Love the orange 4-rings-of-fury !!

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yeti said:
How is the Queens Chariot doing this year? :)
The Royal Buggy is getting quite the mud bath this year ! Trails are really soggy and excellent "splash zones" !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For Thursday, 8:30 am Mountain Time.

Touareg Colorado Rally on USTREAM: clubtouareg.com 2011 Colorado Rallly in Ouray.

We are going to Mineral Creek / Engineers; then maybe Picayune Gulch. Down to Silverton and back. I'll turn on the webcam, but I dont expect much more than the drive out of town then the return via Silverton once we pass Sunnyside Mill later in the day.

Wednesday's coverage was spotty. Lots of dirt. We got a few good broadcasts in. But even then we got drops. And during the evening I left the camera on pointed at the Warehouse, Rally HQ.

·
Administrator
4,289 Posts
Staying around Ouray today to do some family activities. Watched the stream this morning on the trail to mineral creek. It worked great up until they entered the canyon. I'm guessing this kind of webcam stream has never been done before. Thank you Karl for making this happen.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
For Friday, 8:30 am Mountain Time (estimated)

Not confirmed, but I suspect we'll be on the Imogene Pass trail today. If so, coverage is expected to be good most of the way up; and if we crest to Telluride, good all the way in. Definitely tune in for our final day.

Thursday Report -

Webcam: I observed coverage up to about a mile before Mineral Point; and then short bursts at Mineral Point. That was more than expected. I got some independent confirmation that video was good. Once we past Mineral Point, we clearly were in dead coverage.

Trip: Mineral Creek, with stops at Breen Mine and the waterfall at the Poughkeepsie trailhead. Visited Mineral Point. We had lunch in a canyon just south of the Engineer's Mt cutoff; then went to Placer Gulch/Treasure Mt Pass/Picayune Gulch via Animas Forks. This was new ground for the group and quite an excellent addition. We visited one of the only remaining Stamp Mills "Sound Democrat" which is being restored by the BLM. And observed the "Gold Prince" tramway. In Picayune Gulch, you pass the Snowcat house and another operation further down the mountain. Returned via Silverton.

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Ark I watched the trailcam for the first section till it lost signal this morning and it was sweet...Really awesome you did that...too bad you cant hook it to a pc and DL the vid so it is archived...

Anyway its awesome and it makes me wanna get out there next year and try it...I told my wife I was going and she laughed at me..I think im wearing her down...:p

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
.too bad you cant hook it to a pc and DL the vid so it is archived...
Thanks!

Since Tuesday I have been archiving the video to the laptop. Once I get home I'll edit the videos and get them hosted for playback. They are in 320x240, the same resolution as the outgoing video. The cam can do HD, but I have been minimizing bandwidth.

I expect to improve this over time and use it for other offroad events.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Today's trail is the ever so popular Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride !!! Pics to come !

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Can't wait!! Watching the stream right now.....

341 - 360 of 398 Posts