Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, my name is Steeve and my wife and I own a 2004 VW touareg.Today, whenever we were heading out of town, our check engine light came on without showing any signs of car disfonction. I then decided to take it to auto zone in order to have it checked, there they plugged their computer on the car and the message displayed let us to the conclusion that the Mass air Flow sensor was not working properly. ..I then took it home and took it apart in order to clean.After the process done , still no change the Engine light is still on what should I do??

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You need to clear the trouble code (via OBD II reader of your choice) or wait until the required number of drive cycles have passed and the computer turns off the light for you.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
hi, first of all you need to identify if the problem is really caused by MAF, you need to scan the car with VCDS vag com the best tool money can buy, and post the codes here, there are few thing that cause same symptoms as MAF, so you need to track it down, do not replace any parts until you are 100% sure they are faulty
kind regards, Nikoloz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts