Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi is there a third row seat available for a 2004 v10 . Single or dubble.. After market ..Vw dealers say no gen .

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
I don't believe anybody makes one. I think it would be very challenging to make one that was ADR compliant, with support for seat belts etc...Not sure what the regulations say in NSW, however in Victoria any seating position provided in vehicle after a certain date ( not sure when but well before your car was built) must have a seat belt. So any add-on would need seat belt anchorage points which would be a show-stopper.

Stuart...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thank you . Just a thought . Be hard with the spare wheel cover to. Oh well stick with the two car thing. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Q7

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Audi .. yer would be nice .. just brought my. Touareg mainly for towing a van, Man they have some grunt. Very happy so far only had it for a few days .

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
congrats :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Do take time to read the buying a used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature below.

Key thing for you is knowing with 1,000% certainty you have EXACTLY the right oil in your V10 to avoid premature camshaft lobe wear. If you aren't at all sure, CHANGE IT ASAP.

And also change the ATF in the gearbox, the front and rear diff oil and the oil [which you simply buy from your VW dealer in the correct 850ml bottle] for the transfer case.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Belabouring the point maybe, but VW dealers have been known to use the wrong oil!

Do triple check!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts