Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Touareg 3.2 V6 83,000 miles
Last week i accelerated and heard a slight Hiss sound. Its not very loud but when I pop the hood and accelerated more I noticed the brief hiss or surge of air was coming from the PCV valve. Also with each acceleration to there was a bulge in the top of manifold directly below the PCV going towards the front of vehicle. (like something was underneath pushing up for a second)So i figured the PCV was the problem... I replaced it and there was no change. There are no Check engine lights. The truck runs great too. I was wondering if this could be normal in some way or could this be an indication of a future problem? Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,911 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nickyt. I had seen those posts before and noticed they were both on newer model V6 engines that are a 3.6. I wasn't sure if my 3.2 would be comparable. Since mine is running great should i just leave it? I'm wondering if theres anything I should do... this is a pic of my engine. The bulge is on the pcv side where the dust is removed, between those 2 sensors and pcv.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Our best bet is to wait for some of the other V6 owners to chime in.

If we can get confirmation from other V6 owners that their engine does the same thing, I would count it as normal.

If I still had my V6, I would start it and double check this out for you.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I noticed the same thing on my VR6 3.2. Never tested it before so I'm not sure if this is normal.
I've read on vwvortex forums that this normal !! Still waiting for confirmation from fellow touareg vr6 owners

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone every remedy this? I just picked up an 04 V6 with only 61k and it is doing this. Misfires when you first crank it up at idle. Not sure whats going on.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
This is normal. Confirmed by others. Do a vcds scan if you have the tool and post the result here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts