Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!!

We went on a short drive yesterday for a hike and when we returned to our Touareg, there was a GIANT puddle of what appeared to be coolant.

We drove it the couple miles home and when we got there discovered the location of the leak.

It appears to be from a hose connecting into a component of the front engine (I'm sorry, I'm not really good with car parts, especially these newer ones!)

Basically, I just want to know what I'm looking at so that I could help price/sort out this debacle.

Here's some more details:

-2007 VW Touareg - V6 - 4.2L - with towing package
-Roughly 93,000
-After completely filling with coolant yesterday at 7pm, by 9am it was more or less empty in the reservoir but stilling slowing leaking from these sites..

Here is some pictures... any help or advice would be great! Thank you Bow Down

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok... I mean... I see what I'm seeing. I actually just found the part number and yeah, for sure the alternator. I just was unsure, based off his comment, if I was correct and if there was indeed a cooling line being fed there. To me it seems obvious where the leak is, so if it's not to the alternator, then I'm not sure what's going on...

· Registered
310 Posts
You said the engine was a v6, but you then stated 4.2 liter which is a v8. I know the v8 has a alternator that is cooled with a pipe that frequently leaks, but don't know if the v6 has the same alternator cooling system. google 4.2 alternator coolant leak. The 4.2 alternator pipe can be replaced with a metal aftermarket pipe that doesn't leak. Not sure on v6. Regardless significant labor involved pulling alternator and best to use a shop that has done this before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.