RPM: 2218 /min
Load: 46.6 %
Speed: 96.0 km/h
Temperature: 85.0*C
Temperature: 25.0*C
Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
Voltage: 0.000 V

Readiness: 0000 1101

i've even got a screen shot of the MAF in graph mode when it triggers the code.

Grey is TPS, red is MAF green is voltage and orange is when the code triggers.

i have replaced the MAF twice. brought it to the stealer and they got me for 1400.00 to replace the vacuum hoses, only to have it trip on the way home.
i'm at my wits end with this.
any ideas?
it will usually run for about an hour before triggering the P0101, then could be a few hours to a day for it to trigger the P0068.
at the time of the screen shot it triggered both i think.
i also am not sure about the freeze frame info. it shows 0 volts. is this the ECU croaking?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 06 as well and it's doing the same thing. I've replaced the MAF and within a day after it the Engine light came on again. I also have the ESP light going off and on an a consistent basis. Did you get and resolution?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
584 Posts
I have an 06 as well and it's doing the same thing. I've replaced the MAF and within a day after it the Engine light came on again. I also have the ESP light going off and on an a consistent basis. Did you get and resolution?
ESP or do you mean EPC?

Should not get a traction control error for a MAF but could get an EPC. Try and clean your throttle body. Take it off and clean not just spray cleaner into the intake. How is your air filter? How is the car running?

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,419 Posts
i have replaced the MAF twice. brought it to the stealer and they got me for 1400.00 to replace the vacuum hoses, only to have it trip on the way home.
i'm at my wits end with this.
any ideas?
Did the vacuum replacement list include the PCV? Both the hose leading to the PCV valve and the rubber diaphragm inside the PCV valve is know to rip, leading to a vacuum leak.

Here is a gen1 v6 pcv assembly

Here is a list of hoses and stuff to look at for leaks.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/120k-and-its-been-a-pretty-rough-week-191241-2.html

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f92/2007-touareg-3-6l-v6-vacuum-leak-89152.html

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/pcv-valve-20055.html

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f95/pcv-cleaning-193081.html

Inside of PCV valve. What a mess...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Why is it that people continue to use VW dealers when they KNOW
1) they are going to get ripped off,
2) they only change what their diagnostics will tell them too because they do anything other than quote it like it's a bible or something, and
3) then for when what they have done is charge you a fortune and then hold their hands in the air because when it isn't fixed why because they JUST DON'T CARE. What they do isn't engineering it's who's got the most knowledge now. They tell us they have the experience, **** off the only experience they have is to legally open your wallet and steal all your money. To make matters worse they smile at you while they do it. So who is the monkey now.

Had that happened to me 10 minutes after I just shelled out 14 hundred bucks it would be back in the shop quicker than it came out followed by a court writ.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Nothing here makes me think that the ECU is dying.

I would also look at the throttle body. It can't hurt. Probably take the throttle body off can clean it just to be sure. In theory, if there is enough built up crud that the throttle body flap is closing slowly, it could trigger a code.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was getting that code constantly, changed mafs, pcvs, removed and cleaned throttle body, changed vacuum hoses, air filter, still could not stop it. Finally I replaced the throttle body with a new one, this fixed it, problem is potentiometer in TB goes bad.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
584 Posts
I was getting that code constantly, changed mafs, pcvs, removed and cleaned throttle body, changed vacuum hoses, air filter, still could not stop it. Finally I replaced the throttle body with a new one, this fixed it, problem is potentiometer in TB goes bad.
Generally if the throttle drive angle sensors in the throttle body go bad the EPC light stays on. If one sensor fails the cruise control no longer works but pedal response is unchanged. If both sensors go out Car goes into limp mode and car engine won't get above 1,500 rpm and does not react to accelerator pedal inputs. Did you ever have the EPC or just MAF codes? Must be lucky as only issue when I got the same MAF errors was the MAF. Replaced and all was well. Would not think to replace TB but good to know.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
... problem is potentiometer in TB goes bad.
Thanks for the follow up.

You might save the next person from going through everything that you had to.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Why is it that people continue to use VW dealers when they KNOW
1) they are going to get ripped off,
2) they only change what their diagnostics will tell them too because they do anything other than quote it like it's a bible or something, and
3) then for when what they have done is charge you a fortune and then hold their hands in the air because when it isn't fixed why because they JUST DON'T CARE. What they do isn't engineering it's who's got the most knowledge now. They tell us they have the experience, **** off the only experience they have is to legally open your wallet and steal all your money. To make matters worse they smile at you while they do it. So who is the monkey now.

Had that happened to me 10 minutes after I just shelled out 14 hundred bucks it would be back in the shop quicker than it came out followed by a court writ.

Ian yes this irks me also.
Most shops just go by what the computer says religiously the no think outside the square.
I have had this discussion with dealers in the past and suggested that the part they changed that did not fix the problem either be not charged for or removed and the old unit refitted.
But no luck with that in the past as I would suspect other will admit this too.
A movement should be started with all vehicle owners not to pay for unrequired parts.
But me suspects that the dealer would just refuse to work on your car.
Wow am I glad I never need to go to a dealer except for parts that I want.
And sorry for the guys that have to trust them and get ripped off especially the ones that can least afford it.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do use a vw dealer for certain things due to the third party warranty I got when I bought the touareg, but my mechanic is pretty good, he diagnoses, gives me estimate with part numbers, I go home buy parts online for half the price and change myself, unless the part is actually covered by the warranty. These things do like regular maintenance, it's like they program it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
UK 2006 V10 TDI LOSS OF POWER ON HOT RESTART

HI DRAG,CAN YOU PLEASE SHED ANY LIGHT ON THE ABOVE PROBLEM,THANKS PAUL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts