Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at accessories for our new to me T3 and came across P/N: 7P0-061-162 (2013 Volkswagen Touareg Luggage compartment loadliner #7P0-061-162)

Has anyone ever seen this in real life before? The picture makes it look like it actually installs below the current cargo floor and sticks out a little bit. Is this the case? None of the dealers around me have it and they're not willing to order it unless I pay for it first though even they can't answer that question.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There was someone in Australia who was selling one a few months ago - see: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f67/hard-shell-boot-liner-7l-213873.html There's a picture there, and they may be able to help if you private message them.

While I don't have that specific liner, I'm reasonably pleased with the solid cargo liner called "Muddy Buddy" that's made for VW by Weathertech - it has a lip of about an inch at sides and back, and tapers to about a 3/8 inch lip at the tailgate. It seems as if it would readily handle spills of a quart or so, but probably nothing more than that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The picture makes it look like it actually installs below the current cargo floor and sticks out a little bit. Is this the case?
Nope. In the luggage area there is a false floor which you lift up (and hook on the seal to keep it up) to access the space saver, compressor etc. this mat sits on top of this. I can see where you're going with the recessed look but I just think it's because it's black. Hope this helps.

Onto whether you should get it or not? The dividers are handy only if you're doing a lot of shopping all the time and don't have anything to stop it from rolling around. If you only have a couple of bags, I tend to just hang them on the shopping hook in the back. If you don't need the dividers, I would get a weathertech or I actually just turn my std issue mat upside down so the rubber side is up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello, I was one of the persons who bought previously mentioned boot liner, it slides in, sits on the floor and fits very well,
Highly recommended addition, adds storage compartments that i keep stuff in, easy to remove and install but a little bulky to store out of the car.
Just out of interest, how much is the boot liner whenpurchased through vw?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at the liner in the mentioned thread it definitly looks different and built for a T1 or T2 (also has a different part number as mine is 7P0-061-162) not the T3.

The price here from the dealer is about $350 CAD after tax, which I wouldn't mind paying if it replaces the false floor and gives me an extra 3" or so of cargo height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts