Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at new tires and frequently find the same tire in LT spec. It usually has a deeper tread, with max PSI of 80, heavier load range. Can these go on standard rims? Pros and cons?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have 17" Canyon wheels on my 2007 with BF Goodrich T/A KOs an LT tire and they have been great. They have been on the Treg for over 70k MILES and are just now needing to be replaced. To give you an idea how long that is based on my driving, they were purchased in 2009 and expire in August of 2018.

As they age they get hard and noisy. However, handling is still superb thanks to the stiff sidewall that makes it corner better than the passenger car tires.

Mileage will hurt you a few mpg due to heavier, but I noticed no difficulty accelerating.

I also have a 2008 and I put (just in the last 60 days) the KO2s on it and they are not as good as the KO's for on road performance...but rock offroad even more than the KO'S did. I just hope they last...

Once you go LT you never go back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.