Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2005 mk1 Touareg V10 tdi in black
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks, will bear that in mind when this one fails.

So far so good though, got to work without any issues and a steady 14v on the dash.

Now to work on the lingering fault codes.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice! What a nail biter. You finally get to enjoy your ride. Really appreciate the updates; made it feel like a journey.

·
Registered
2005 mk1 Touareg V10 tdi in black
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks RocketTech. That's what I thought too. Had a pleasurable and uneventful drive into work. BUT,

The saga continues....

Now there are stains of oil and coolant under left and right sides of engine that weren't there in the last month or two.

The coolant was down by 1.5 litre after the hour's drive to work this morning. It's probably the small return hose coming off the radiator that I trimmed down a few months back. Already have a replacement so not too fussed about the coolant leak at the moment

The oil leak is new and more concerning. The mechanic said that there was a very slight oil leak from the oil filter cap and that changing the filter and o ring should fix it.

But I changed it myself only 4,000 miles ago and there is no oily residue around where the plastic cap meets the metal housing.

There is fluid gathering on the hydraulic couplings to the front sway bar but can't get under it right now to see if it's dripping from on high or spraying sideways from elsewhere. Maybe its hydraulic fluid?

Am at work at the moment. Will have a look under her tomorrow and see what's next. Lol

* kicking myself for not buying a Honda*

61 - 63 of 63 Posts