Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a V8 Touareg with the last 5 numbers as: 16086. The production date is: 07/03.

After reading on this board that there were/are many problems associated with low VIN numbers, can someone enlighten me as to 1.) Do I have a low VIN number car? and 2.) What are the problems that it may have?

So far the car has no issues, problems etc....Wait, does anyones hesitate and shift just a bit roughly through the 1st and 2nd gears? It could just be my imagination as well...

Please inform me.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

· Registered
3,296 Posts
I thought the shift from 1st to 2nd on my TOUAREG was a little odd as first.... but it's mostly because 1st is such a short gear in this transmission. I have found, now that I have 4,500 miles on my TOAUREG that the tranny has adapted to my driving style and holds 1st a little longer - which makes me a happy boy!!!!!

My TOUAREG was built in 9/03 and is in the high 28 thousand range in the VINs.

· Registered
5 Posts
Manufacture 04/03, VIN last6 = 001822. SHOULD i BE WARY??

I'm evaluating (read: test driving for the weekend courtesy of the dealer) a fully loaded with all but OnStar V8......manufacture date 04/03.

This car was returned by, my sleuthing shows, someone with kid(s). I'm wondering why??

Is this manufacture date of 04/03 problematic?? I love the Touareg but after looking thru the bug boards & comments am getting concerned!

Thanks in advance for anything you can share...!!!!

· Registered
3,296 Posts
I don't know if there is a direct connection to problems and low VINs - but from what I've seen and read.... you might want to look for another vehicle or hammer the dealer for a bulletproof extended warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.