Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to simply turn off the tire warning sensor in a 2004 Touareg. A mechanic I spoke to thought it could be done through the multi-function display.

My Low tire pressure warning is always on dispite having the pressure correct and it often says I have a flat tire as well.

I don't feel like having the sensors and madual replaced at over a $1000, so I thought I would just turn the sensor (or at least the warning light) off.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
909 Posts
You'll need access to a VAG-COM. First remove the TPMS module fuse -- #24 in driver's side fuse panel. Then, with the ignition on or vehicle running, go to Address 19: CAN Gateway with the VAG-COM, and the Coding should be 0000006. Retype 0000006 over the existing entry and Save. Turn off ignition and turn back on again or restart, and evidence of TPMS should be gone.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Correct it is the same code - for some reason though this procedure doesn't work for me - 04 Monocolor MFI. I am going to try the removal of the module and recode when it cools off....if it ever does.

-J

·
Super Moderator
9,701 Posts
Correct it is the same code - for some reason though this procedure doesn't work for me - 04 Monocolor MFI. I am going to try the removal of the module and recode when it cools off....if it ever does.

-J
Unplug the module, recode, restart and it should be gone. This procedure does not put the on/off in the display, just removes TPMS all together. It does not matter what display you have. My 04 was the Monochrome also and I turned my system off with VAG Com. The earlier Tregs had an on/off feature in the display, but I don't know when it changed. VIN on my 04 was 66xxx so I had a later one w/o this feature. T2 Touaregs have a different way of doing it, you recode those to get the on/off selection in the MFI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.