Club Touareg Forum banner

Low Oil Pressure Warning / Occasionally / Car Sat for a year

885 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  tadpole
First time poster here.

This is my second T2 V6. Picked up from a friend in immaculate condition. Had the common limp mode from the faulty wire splice so got it for really cheap. After driving it for the day I got the low oil pressure warning. Comes on then goes away. I’ve read other posts but mine is a little different. The car sat for about a year because he didn’t know what was wrong with it. Didn’t have the problem before the car sat and now all off the sudden. Changed oil per VW. Just looking for any input on what engine oil might do to the car that sat for that long. Was pretty dark for my liking when changed.

TIA
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it sitting for a year.

It's more likely just a faulty oil pressure sensor. They're cheap and easy to replace. I would start there.
Reactions: 1
Full synthetic oil will not deteriorate in that time from just sitting. I have had a car sit for 6mos storage for 5 yrs. I change the oil every 3yrs even if it is only 1500 miles.put on the oil. Car is a collector car,so it is a garage queen. Always starts right up.
"Stop right now!" doesn't mean keeping the revs below 2000 rpm. It means turn the car off and don't start it again until the problem is fixed. If you really have low oil pressure, you are destroying your engine by driving it.
Just so you know the color of diesel oil isn't the same as a gasser. with in a month the oil will start to look dirty.it's not an indication of something wrong.
Correction, I meant to say it ISN'T an indication of something wrong,,DUH. sorry.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.