Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the longest time I have been having issues with my Passenger side mirror not returning to the position I have PROGRAMMED it to after it tilts in reverse or after my car has been parked for hours.

I have reset all the driver settings from the MFD a few times, and I have regularly Programmed the key(S) to my seat position setting. I have been suspecting that the CCM is "wonky" for a while now, but I was hoping that if I reset a few times that the ghost settings would be erased.

The other day I went to "Channel 00" in the CCM and saved "0" as the value to reset all the functions. After I did that I went through the MFD to re-install the door unlocking and other settings. I then tried to program the driver seat and mirror position settings, but did not hear the confirmation beep.

Then I moved the seat out of position and pressed a button to see if it would return to that position and as I suspected the postion was not reset.

I still experience the passenger side mirror moving into a position that I wants to be in after it tilts in reverse or parked for hours.

I also looked at the "Driver seat memory module" to see if it could be recoded but it does not have a code I also checked the channels and they do record the numerical position that the seat is currently in and you can see them change as you adjust the seat.

Is there some channel I need to go to re-enable the Memory setting function?

Is there some code that should be added to the CCM or DSM modules?

Or would you say that My CCM is some how friend and should be replaced.

Can someone go through all the values in the channels so I may compare them and see if I can restore the memory setting feature.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If you do not get the beep it is not saving the settings.
Have you tried the seat limit reset?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you perform the seat limit reset. Can you post link to this procedure?

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's in the owners manual.
Just wind each seat to the forward limits of travel and hold each one there until you hear a beep I think.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to you all

I performed the function and the memory was able to set after.

I guess I though I messed up a setting since the function had stopped working after I did a reset with my VAG COM

For the benefit of members or readers that may have bought a used car that did not come with the manual (I had to buy one off ebay)

Page 74 (section 3.1 Controls and Equipment) Coding Seat Memory

The seats must be activated whenever the vehicle battery is disconnected and then reconnected. Otherwise you will not be able to store settings. To activate the memory system:
- Open the driver door.
- Switch the ingition. Do not start the engine.
- Adjust the driver seat so it is positioned all the way forward with the height set to it maximum.
- Move the backrest as far forward as it will go. Note: Following successful initialization you ca reprogram the memory buttons and re-assign the remote control keys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just did the reset on my 2014 Touareg R line and it worked perfect except I had to move my lumbar all the way out and up before the set light would come on.

Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts