Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Dealership for warranty repair. Also hope you're using proper g12 or the dealer gonna laugh you right back out.

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Doubt any variables in vagcom would be of help. Look for obvious leaks at this point

· Registered
5,685 Posts

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Powertrain expired?

Lol I wouldn't trust any small dealers with these

· Registered
5,685 Posts
This VW dealer told me the oil cooler is not covered under the extended emissions warranty. Is that not true?

Right now I'm just under 108K so obviously still under dieselgate warranty
Not true at all, find a better dealer

· Registered
5,685 Posts
I was wondering though ... wouldn’t oil temp module show that it’s a little hotter than normal in VCDS?
No way. And even if it did I would find that to be inconclusive to anything

· Registered
5,685 Posts
The last dealer was Volkswagen too?

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Tough one. You took a highly specialized car to a dealership that's likely never even seen a Touareg. I can completely understand why a dealership doesn't want to have to fix another non-brand dealerships work.

· Registered
5,685 Posts
Oh...so here's the theory on what the previous mechanic did when they "repaired" the oil cooler before I purchased the car from them.

They purchased all of the parts from their local VW/Audi dealership. When the parts came in we believe he disassembled the oil cooler from the base plate. (apparently they come as one piece when you purchase) They believe he did this so that it would be easier to get the bypass valve in/out. Then he put the oil cooler in over the existing plate rather than using the new one. He may or may not have put in new gaskets. He also over tightened the cooler to the base. When he put the valve back on they don't think he used a new gasket there either. For some reason he had everything he needed for success parts wise but was lacking in other areas to complete the job.
That's why you take $70k euro cars to a euro shop. Sorry my man.

• Haha
Reactions: C-ya
1 - 9 of 9 Posts