Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T3 TDI is about to reach 20k miles. I would like to inspect/change the cabin air filter. Does anyone know how to access this? I can't find anything on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, thanks!

I never think of YouTube. EVERYTHING is on YouTube. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Easy job if you don't mind working under the dash with a headlight.
I did mine today and found that the last time the filter was changed (by a dealer), the plastic latch on the "door" that holds the filter in was broken off and replaced with a screw. This is a common problem so be careful taking the cover off. A new part is around $100 so I'm keeping the screw. God bless the flat rate system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is situated at the back of the passenger (front) footwell. You need to remove the plastic cover underneath first and then you will see the fan housing , the cover for the filter is there too. Hope this helps. regards

·
Registered
397 Posts
screw

Easy job if you don't mind working under the dash with a headlight.
I did mine today and found that the last time the filter was changed (by a dealer), the plastic latch on the "door" that holds the filter in was broken off and replaced with a screw. This is a common problem so be careful taking the cover off. A new part is around $100 so I'm keeping the screw. God bless the flat rate system.
halbro...mine is also broken, interested in how the dealership used a screw instead. any chance of a picture or description so I can use it for mine...

thanks

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
944 Posts
Dealership also broke my cabin air filter latch. I don't think the service person knew how to take it off and wrestled with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts