Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like sticky lifters to me, which if i remember correctly is totally normal with the 4.2. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you gentleman!

Edit: Having trouble uploading video. Please hold. Apparently photobucket no longer works.

I can email the video to anyone who thinks they can help. Just email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
What year 4.2? Non FSI V8 or FSI V8?

If FSI V8, you may be hearing the High pressure fuel pump (hpfp). There are 2 of them, mounted right on top of the engine and the have a distinct, very audible clicking/clattering sound. It is normal.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2004 so non FSI I'm guessing. Guess it could be the cam tensioner. Ill bring a stethoscope when I go see it. I should be able to hear the chain rubbing the valve cover.

The price is just too good to pass up $3400 with timing belt just done as well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes! 04 would be the non-FSI V8. I'm not too familiar with this engine but I'm sure someone will chime in. Sorry!

$3400 sounds like a good deal, especially if it was maintained properly. These trucks represent an awesome value for the dollar now a days. If ya get it, post some pics. We all like pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.