Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many many searches I'm breaking down and asking for help. Can someone please point me to some instructions as to removing the rear V emblem for painting?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
Its stuck on there with automotive 2 sided tape. Take a credit card or similar object and work your way around it, it eventually will come off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Make sure the rear hatch paint is warm, I use a 500w halogen light placed 6-8" from the emblem for 10 min. then get some "Goo-Gone" or "Krud Kutter" from Wal-Mart, (paint dept, it won't hurt your paint finish) and pour over the top edge of the emblem, letting it soak in a bit. Then use a plastic putty knife behind the emblem carefully scraping under the edges and it should come off nicely.
Good Luck .......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't let my dealership remove it for you. Mine had its chrome bubbling and I asked to have it replaced I suspect the dealership didn't heat it up properly and used something aggressive to pry it off. They managed to put 3 nicks in my paint during the process.

·
Registered
215 Posts
sort of on topic: looking for help not the rear, but the front emblem removal on a T3. grill is removed, trying to get the emblem out. looks like 4 clips but I'm struggling with them. any tips?

·
Registered
557 Posts
sort of on topic: looking for help not the rear, but the front emblem removal on a T3. grill is removed, trying to get the emblem out. looks like 4 clips but I'm struggling with them. any tips?
If you have ACC, it's my understanding the emblem is part of the radar module.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh sorry about that, my fault for not being more specific. 2014 LUX, no ACC.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dont do it. I removed mine.

The hatch is indented for the emblem. Its recessed for the emblem to stick into. Its not just stuck on there with double sided tape.

Took mine off to paint my T1 in plastic dip and did the custom exhaust in high temp black.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I understand that. I want to swap emblems. Current is painted black. I want to go back to chrome. (I have one of each). I can go to the body shop but I'm hoping to save a trip.

·
Registered
154 Posts
the chrome emblem clips into the housing which is attached to the hatch. Two separate parts. You can swap your emblem without releasing the adhesive.

·
Registered
215 Posts
OP posted about rear emblem, I was asking about front. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
My bad, front emblem clips into the grille assembly as well. Same process. Little tabs. In fact, if you break yours, I have a spare in a cracked grille assembly I took off my car from hitting a deer.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You twist the front emblem counter clockwise I believe. Just put ur fingers in the emblem and rotate. I swapped mine out when going to the ACC solid emblem.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ahh, haven't tried twisting yet. will report back. thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts