Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is too short to reach the rear door when it is all the way up. Anyone have a thought on who might provide aftermarket loops that we could hook up.

Don't want to put in a hitch for her to stand on but that is looking like the only option.

· Registered
467 Posts
Hello and welcome to clubtouareg.com. I have a few suggestions for ya...

1. easiest: attach a rope with a know on the end of it

2. any auto appolstry shop with do this: fabricate a leather strap (color and fabric matching of course) to the inside of the door. I think it will look the best this way and will look OEM.

3. attach a rope/cable (removable for you) to the door and the frame so the door doesn't swing all the way up. You could do that on both sides of the door or just one side.

Let me know what you think. I am gonna go look at the Treg and see where the best place to mount all of these are and get back to ya

· Registered
112 Posts
I went about a little differently, I just used 1/2" pvc. A 2' long piece with a couple of 45 degree elbows omn the working end. Painted it with rubber coating and it works pretty good. In case you wonder why, I use a wheelchair and once I have the chair out, it makes it much easier to close the hatch. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.