Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a low to medium profile roof basket to mount a spare and possibly the occasional dry bag of camping gear that I don't want inside. I have both the factory side rails, but I'm willing to take them off for a permanently mounted basket.

I also have the OEM crossbars, but I think dropping something like a Load Warrior directly on top of that would be too high, unless there's a basket out there to accommodate that by dropping down between them-- but I don't know of one.

Can someone give a suggestion?

I have a 2009 with sunroof.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm looking for a low to medium profile roof basket to mount a spare and possibly the occasional dry bag of camping gear that I don't want inside. I have both the factory side rails, but I'm willing to take them off for a permanently mounted basket.

I also have the OEM crossbars, but I think dropping something like a Load Warrior directly on top of that would be too high, unless there's a basket out there to accommodate that by dropping down between them-- but I don't know of one.

Can someone give a suggestion?

I have a 2009 with sunroof.
No direct experience with this, but it looks like a low profile rack that replaces the factory rails...

Slimline II Full Roof Rack / Volkswagen Touareg 2003-2011

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You might want to consider putting lighter stuff on the roof - a full sized spare is quite a lump!

I [and others] use tire strings.

They're quick and easy to use and, in most cases, no need to even get the jack out and get the wheel off!

·
Registered
734 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts