Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone swapped the ecu of the Touareg with an updated or slightly different part number.
Mine is this one VW 022906032BE=> Bosch 0261207565 => Touareg AZZ Engine 3.2 VR6 (Europe).
I found a lot of these guys on ebay => VW 022906032BF => Bosch 0261207566 => Touareg BAA Engine 3.2 VR6 (America)
I'm tempted to get one and clone mine on it with the necessary tools.
Any one done this on a touareg?
I know the easy way is to get the exact same part number to be on the safe side but I'd like some feedback if any have played with this.
I found a cheap 022906032BE but I thought I'd ask before buying.
I replaced the Comfort Control Module with an updated version and it is working fine but the ECU is a different story. It will need some hacking but I'm fine with that.
I think the BF version is an updated BE version. The engines are almost exactly the same but for different markets. I wonder if the hardware inside both ecus is the same.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
As long as you have VCDS to code change and set for EU settings! How hard can it be ;). Bearing in mind there are some modules that won’t work since it can’t be down rev’d or up rev’d.
I think the dealer is the only one that can tell you which ones are compatible, unless some one else here on the forum comments

This is unchartered territory for me as I have never coded a different ECU to the car.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a used ecu; Same part number as mine. Came off of a Treg 2004 V6 AZZ.
I got the OBD to ecu harness cable from aliexpress.
I have an MPPS cable to work on it over obd.
I ordered the ecu opening tool set to work on the ecu on the bench.
I bought a Galletto and a Carprog to work on the ecu and on the other modules like the Kessy one.
So I will be tearing the ecu and the kessy soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts