Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 2012 Hybrid for almost a year now. I see pulley upgrades all over the place because of the S4 and everything else that has this supercharged 3.0L V6. I like the idea of changing out my pulleys but I can’t do it because I can’t find anywhere that can/will tune it for having the upgraded pulleys because it’s in a Touareg. I found a tuner through vivid racing up to a “stage 2”, but doesn’t support any mods. Stage 2 claims +76 hp and +55 ft/lbs for reference.

I’ve checked with all the other big names for VW tuning I can think of, most don’t even offer support for the Touareg, unless it’s the TDI. I knew it’d be near impossible to find stuff like this before I bought it, so I’m not really disappointed. Still being hopeful though.

Does anyone know where I can find what I’m missing here?

·
Registered
348 Posts
There, was, a race chip or something. Look in the Hybrid thread, I think it’s talked about there. That’s all I know of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I’ve had my 2012 Hybrid for almost a year now. I see pulley upgrades all over the place because of the S4 and everything else that has this supercharged 3.0L V6. I like the idea of changing out my pulleys but I can’t do it because I can’t find anywhere that can/will tune it for having the upgraded pulleys because it’s in a Touareg. I found a tuner through vivid racing up to a “stage 2”, but doesn’t support any mods. Stage 2 claims +76 hp and +55 ft/lbs for reference.

I’ve checked with all the other big names for VW tuning I can think of, most don’t even offer support for the Touareg, unless it’s the TDI. I knew it’d be near impossible to find stuff like this before I bought it, so I’m not really disappointed. Still being hopeful though.

Does anyone know where I can find what I’m missing here?
Don't go with that vivid racing bullshit. I'd hit up Jeff Robertson @ Rocket Chip.. he may be your only chance. United Motorsports might give it a whirl too.

Not many people want to touch a Touareg - they aren't common. Add 'hybrid' into the mix and you've got a real unicorn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't go with that vivid racing bullshit. I'd hit up Jeff Robertson @ Rocket Chip.. he may be your only chance. United Motorsports might give it a whirl too.

Not many people want to touch a Touareg - they aren't common. Add 'hybrid' into the mix and you've got a real unicorn.
Awesome! I’ll check into these and report back with what I find.

Before I got this I did some general parts searching and knew it’d be a unicorn. That’s the downside of having niche taste in cars though.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Just call Jeff and talk it over. I bet he's never tuned a hybrid but he's the kinda guy that'll be like "oh ya I'll get it tuned, bring it on over and give me a day with it".

·
Administrator
4,376 Posts
Moved non relevant posts to a new thread. Carry on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts