Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't figure out where to post this, so here it goes. Looking at a used 2011 gas Touareg with a little over 54,000 miles on it. Drove it and really liked it but had a couple of questions. Consumer Reports has not reviewed this car, only 2012 and up. Can someone help me with an idea of the mileage and towing capacity and also their own idea of reliability? Would really appreciate any help you folks can give me.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Type this into Bing having removed THE EXTRA FULL STOP between Touareg and com first and then take your pick:

site:www.clubtouareg..com 2011 mpg

Then type this into Bing having removed the extra full stop again and read all about towing!

site:www.clubtouareg..com 2011 towing

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mileage - real world with the gas V6 should be high teens around town and mid 20's on the highway

Towing - it's rated to 7700 lbs. It will labor a bit once you get above 5000 lbs or so, but it's a GREAT tow vehicle. That said - if you are going to do a lot of towing (boat, camper, etc), look at a TDI instead of a gas V6. Having owned both and pulling a large boat, the TDI tows with much less "effort".

They are great vehicles!

Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. As far as towing, it will not be very often as we usually use our GMC D/A Crewcab to tow our fifth-wheel and boat to the lake when we go. This for when we don't feel comfortable towing the package and want to tow the boat separately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts