Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys I am new to this , we have been looking at 2008 toureg done 118,000km on clock , can anyone give me advice on this year , any major problems etc , we will be using it to drive to work mostly high way km and we do a lot of trips to yarrawonga which is 4 hours away we will be towing our wakesetter from our holiday house in bundalong to boat ramp bout 4 kms so not much towing

Thanks in advance
:smile2:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Breeza

I just bought a 2008 TDI with 120k's on it about 1 month ago.

1 owner, and zero options (except tow bar & rails).

Very happy so far .... a dream to tow my 2 tonne boat with and very comfortable as a daily driver.

Like any vehicle, the service book & the general condition (inside, outside AND under) tells the story. I personally place a BIG emphasis on the service history of any vehicle. Fussy owners ensure the Service Books are accurate and generally add more info (receipts, notes etc) than required. I reckon that is always a good sign of a cared-for vehicle.

Check all the recalls have been carried out ... and it's worth the $$ to get a VW shop to look at the donk and box to ensure that all is as it should be (both very expensive overhauls if they have been abused).

I looked at a few Treg's and could tell by the service intervals that several had done long haul tows ... which is fine but that not what I wanted as a vehicle to buy.

More experienced members owning several different models/years will be able to contribute more.

Good luck.

sm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Almost forgot, if your boat trailer has LED lights, you may need the special module/cable to make them work. Normal bulb trailer lights will be fine.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Almost forgot, if your boat trailer has LED lights, you may need the special module/cable to make them work. Normal bulb trailer lights will be fine.
This has confused me from the first time I read about LED trailer lights and the Treg.

I bought a 2008 (built July 2007) that had been originality bought to tow a caravan. Came with a VW towbar and a LED load box.

First time I hooked up my boat trailer with LED lights, all worked LED trailer lights OK from the beginning without the load box. It now is carried next to the spare tyre.

I also have a bike carrier with a LED tail and stop light. It also works. I do however get a fault for LH and RH turn lights out on the trailer. That is OK as I have no indicators on the bike carrier.

My second hand V6TDI Treg had 141k. I have replaced a water pump and belt, starter motor and master cylinder.

Great tow vehicle and for long distance travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts