Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The tire tests referred to are only done for 12,000 or 16,000 miles depending upon the speed rating.

Trying to then extrapolate tire life at that point is tricky since tire wear rate changes as the tire tread depth diminshes.

They also don't state what tread depth the tires start with when new, nor the tread depth at the end of life.

Quoting mileages for tires is pointless unless the tread depths are given so that one can properly asses the tire.

Although tire performance can drop off the proverbial cliff when the tire is half worn, and is the reason I bin tires at that point, others are happy to run tires down to the war bars.

So tire life is a very subjective matter.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree.... take this post with a grain of salt.... there are many, many factors so this is a guide at best.
I am one of those who will use tires quite long into their life.... so as a result, my existing SCORPION VERDES that came with the Touareg will not be replaced until (hopefully) the end of this year when my skis (read worn out snows) go back on..... or at least that's the plan.

I will still be reding reviews and keeping an eye out for anything that sparks my interest in the meantime.... right now I'm leaning hard towards paying top dollar for the Verdes PLUS as a replacement since I'm very happy with the current versions (no comment on the longevity since I've only put 10k on them myself)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts