Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V8 black with wheat beige Premium package, tow package, winter package, onstar arrives on Wednesday; but I did all the paperwork for it yesterday. The finance guy (3 year lease) wanted me to put LoJack on it for $595. He claimed OnStar was not effective in locating the car, but LoJack was undefeatable. My other cars have a similar satalite tracking device and when I have used them, the tech answering the call could tell me exactly what milepost I was at so I am wondering if it was an aftermarket scam the dealership was trying to talk me into. I can still add it before delivery for the $100 off he offered ($595).

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I think that the advatage to LoJack is that the police have the equipment to track and locate the car using the LoJack hardware.
On-Star can give an accurate location based on the car's GPS signal. I think to within a 10m range? The On-Star people then tell the police where your car is. A good cop should be able to find something the size of a Touareg in a 10m range! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Strange!!! I wanted Lo-Jack on my car but was denied. I had LoJack on my previous car (never needed but good feeling)
Anybody feedback on if LoJack is possible on Touareg. I was told that it is NOT allowed by VW since it interferes with the electronics. Void warranty???
It appears to be allowed on the Cayenne in this area?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.