Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off my MY2015 150TDI to get looked at this morning because i was getting random errors when starting up the car. Seen it before and usually relates to low voltage battery. They told me that i should be locking the car at night (in my locked garage!) WTF are they going on about? They said the car does not go into sleep mode unless its locked? As ever i appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Lock the car and keep the keys out of range. Then, just like you, it will go bye-byes, but unlike you it gets no nooky.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ours is 2008 and when at home it never gets locked and no real battery issues. Replaced both batteries a few years ago as they were not recovering as well as they could have and was having some Kessy problems. John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lock the car and keep the keys out of range. Then, just like you, it will go bye-byes, but unlike you it gets no nooky.
Is the same with Landcruiser (100 series) Mate was having trouble with his battery going flat all the time, as he left the key in the ignition in his locked garage and was using his little car for run around. Auto Electrician told him to always remove the key otherwise it keeps the electronics powered up. Thanks Nooby I only remove the key from the dash and leave it on the console. Looks like I will have to get in the habit of locking the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts