Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi Q7 TDI
210 Posts
I very much doubt that.. you just cant turn the key far enough to actuate the lock.. its literally resistance free until your at about 85 degrees of the 90 degree turn counter clockwise, and then that last lil bit you can feel it mechanically unlocking.. Your 2014 likely never had that lock moved for the last 6 years, so it could use some lubrication.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I understand your doubt. My emergency key turn free in both direction til 90 degrés; my vehicule has never been used in winter and there is no rust. Last week my battery was dead and the doors was locked; I used my emergency key few times on both turn left and right; nothing appened. I charged the battery by the alternator bolt... after 1 minutes I tried to unlock with the remote... no result and then an other time with the emergency key... no result; I charged for an other 4 or 5 minutes and retry with the emergency key and success the door unlocked and the alarm turned on; I turned the key on and the alarm stopped. Before charging the battery I checked the voltage on the alternator bolt; it was 11 volts; I suppose it needs a little more to activate the door lock.

I looked in the little hole in the door side, as your video suggest; in my car that hole is closed so nothing to see at the back.

Now I installed a wire I will be use to charge the battery without opening the bonnet (hood).... just in case.

bye

21 - 22 of 22 Posts