Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2004 touareg v8 with d1S bulbs but the lighting configurations just doesnt seem right to me

the first picture with only the white light on is my normal day time running headlight. so the D1s is on 24/7 as long as the car is running

the second light with the white and yellow light is what happens when the both the DRL and low beam is on.

am i missing something here because it should be the other way around right? because the yellow maker light does noting to illuminate the road at night so they should be the ones that turn on during the day and act as the DRL and not the other way around. anyone with a 04 touareg that can help me verify this?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
eVo

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have 2004 T'Reg. It's the same. Once the light is turned on, it's on. Flashing mode, it blinks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2004 T'Reg. It's the same. Once the light is turned on, it's on. Flashing mode, it blinks.
O okay thanks for the info. i just find it kind of odd to have the main lights be on 24/7 which means it has to be replaced more often as oppose to only having them turn on during the night

when you say flashing mode do you mean when the quick highbeam?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Pretty much impossible to see the orange marking lights on a bright sunny day. That's why the headlights are used as DRLs.

·
Super Moderator
9,690 Posts
You can program it to turn DRL off as well as getting the inner flashing high beam to come on with the outer high beam. You do however need VCDS to do this.

·
Registered
346 Posts
O okay thanks for the info. i just find it kind of odd to have the main lights be on 24/7 which means it has to be replaced more often as oppose to only having them turn on during the night

when you say flashing mode do you mean when the quick highbeam?
My DRL is the white outside, where as my brighter is my main light I manually turn on. DRL is on the moment the engine is on. No yellow side marker lights. I turn the lights on manually, both DRL and the yellow marker lights are on, including headlamps.

Yellow marker lights are also signal lamp. I was confused just like you were, scratching my head to the odd configuration of the lights. Surely enough, both the true Euro and Asian vehicles are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
20,262 Posts
Euro parking/side lights are white and there is a separate yellow/amber indicator/winker/turn signal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.