Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have searched but cannot find a definite answer, can anyone please confirm the correct fuse number for hi-beam lights activation in a 2008 Touareg facelift model? Fitting light bar this weekend and want to tap the fuse. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 V6 TDI 180kW with Interior Comfort Package and Sunroof
89 Posts
You can tap into any power source. I'm not quite sure why you're looking for the high beam fuse?? Don't forget that you must install a relay and switch so that the bar isn't automatically coming on when you hit high beam.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can tap into any power source. I'm not quite sure why you're looking for the high beam fuse?? Don't forget that you must install a relay and switch so that the bar isn't automatically coming on when you hit high beam.
Hi Autodas, I am using a relay and switch so the high beam can be used without the lightbar. I wanted to tap into the highbeam fuse so when the high beam with switch in on position is used the lightbar will activate.

·
Registered
2014 V6 TDI 180kW with Interior Comfort Package and Sunroof
89 Posts
Hi Sasse. There isn't a fuse specifically for the high beam. You will probably need to find the wire for high beam behind one of the headlights. I don't know which wire it is but its a bugger of a job to get at it from what I've heard. There is a fuse diagram in the handbook for the 7L car. Pages 101 to 103. Otherwise here is a copy I made of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sasse. There isn't a fuse specifically for the high beam. You will probably need to find the wire for high beam behind one of the headlights. I don't know which wire it is but its a bugger of a job to get at it from what I've heard. There is a fuse diagram in the handbook for the 7L car. Pages 101 to 103. Otherwise here is a copy I made of mine.
Thanks heaps Autodas, much appreciated.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
5,795 Posts
Depending upon the model, version there is a high beam fuse, atleast was in my 2006 V10.
Passenger side fuse box, for Australia, has it.
Sold the v10 so can't tell you exact number but fairly easy to find it with a multimeter.
Manuals don't do justice for fuse diagrams, there are too many variations.
If you want exact info for relating to your vin then head to erwin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depending upon the model, version there is a high beam fuse, atleast was in my 2006 V10.
Passenger side fuse box, for Australia, has it.
Sold the v10 so can't tell you exact number but fairly easy to find it with a multimeter.
Manuals don't do justice for fuse diagrams, there are too many variations.
If you want exact info for relating to your vin then head to erwin.
Much appreciated Singh, shall give it a try.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
No, you won't find a fuse for the high beam as far as I know.

Just wire you +/- cables to the underbonnet lugs and tap the trigger wire from LED harness into your LHS headlight.

If you have the standard halogen headlights the wire you want is the white with black stripe (suggest you first check with test light), if you have the Bi-Zenon then it will also white/black stripe (position #12 on plug).

Halogen connector:

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Gas Engineering

Bi-Xenon lights connection:

Hand Finger Nail Thumb Glove

The above will work as I've wired a lightbar to both halogen and BiXenon factory lights using the above.

I know, I know.......I've used a wire tap but I would recommend that you splice and solder if you have the necessary skills or if you pay an auto electrician to do it for you.

There is a lot of misinformation floating around which caused me hours of wasted time and expense unecessarily chasing information, canbus modules, calls for dedicated harness.... etc. etc.

Disclaimer......, the above applies to 7L series, no idea if it also applies/works with the 7P.

TonyB

• Haha
Reactions: Singh

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, you won't find a fuse for the high beam as far as I know.

Just wire you +/- cables to the underbonnet lugs and tap the trigger wire from LED harness into your LHS headlight.

If you have the standard halogen headlights the wire you want is the white with black stripe (suggest you first check with test light), if you have the Bi-Zenon then it will also white/black stripe (position #12 on plug).

Halogen connector:

View attachment 247000

Bi-Xenon lights connection:

View attachment 247001

The above will work as I've wired a lightbar to both halogen and BiXenon factory lights using the above.

I know, I know.......I've used a wire tap but I would recommend that you splice and solder if you have the necessary skills or if you pay an auto electrician to do it for you.

There is a lot of misinformation floating around which caused me hours of wasted time and expense unecessarily chasing information, canbus modules, calls for dedicated harness.... etc. etc.

Disclaimer......, the above applies to 7L series, no idea if it also applies/works with the 7P.

TonyB
Thanks for the info Seafarer28.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts