Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Figured I'd flick abit of a build thread up on here for those who are interested. Recently picked this '08 V6 TDI with optioned R50 Bodykit to replace our 05 R5. Purchased it with a few issues that needed fixing, and while still fixing them have done abit of work to it to make it stand out from most Touaregs you see floating around.

This is the night we picked it up. Had been sitting for 9 months give or take.

After a pretty solid detail, required paint correction to remove alot of salt from the paint.

fitted an android headunit

Had the pain staking search for wheels + lift. Machined the lift myself and ordered custom drilled wheel with 32.5" tyres.

In Currently getting DPF delete, Full 3" exhaust system and a remap. Will be looking at spacing the subframe 15/20mm to take some stress off the CV's and give a touch more front bumper clearance as we have plenty underneath now. Roof basket + light bar will be next on the list once everything else is sorted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That look is good for your rig I think. Any thoughts about fender extension or flairs?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's a nice looking treg, thanks for sharing!

I feel you pain, there is practically zero aftermarket solutions for a lift kit.

You said you machined the lift kit yourself. Do you have any pictures? How high did you lift it (+40mm?)
Did you add spacers to the bottom of the springs or went a different route?

Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wheres the bull bar? I thought that was standard equipment in Aussieland.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No plans for fender flares. Inspiration has come from alot of american/hawaii trucks. If I run into issues with police it will probably get r50 flares.

fuel economy isn't too bad with the tyres, still average around 11L/100km around town and highway.

Bull bars are disgusting haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice looking treg, thanks for sharing!

I feel you pain, there is practically zero aftermarket solutions for a lift kit.

You said you machined the lift kit yourself. Do you have any pictures? How high did you lift it (+40mm?)
Did you add spacers to the bottom of the springs or went a different route?

Thanks.

Missed this one sorry.

We ended up going for the spacer under the coil, 1 1/4" up front and 2 1/4" in the rear, we ended up around the 35mm mark I think up front and abit more in the rear. I'm looking at doing a subframe drop to get abit more lift in the front without sacrificing further downward travel. Long term would be custom control arms but thats something i'd really need to look into before jumping into it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Might need flares to make those wheels legal. I thought Mr Plod was strict in Queensland.

The ground clearance looks great. When I raise mine with air suspension to that height it rides hard and is speed limited.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might need flares to make those wheels legal. I thought Mr Plod was strict in Queensland.

The ground clearance looks great. When I raise mine with air suspension to that height it rides hard and is speed limited.
They are, but this is my wifes car and it's probably the most legal out of the three we own. Really don't want to do flares as it's not the style i'm going for and i'm super picky when it comes to that stuff but worst case we will do R50 flares on it to suit the rest of the kit.

It rides abit harsher then it did stock but it feels better if anything. Still looking at picking the front up another inch if we can, just trying to work out the best way to do it as we had dramas trying to compress the springs far enough installing the spacers that are in there now.

For anyone interested, recently had issues with the DPF so did a DPF Delete, 3" Mandrel bent exhaust and Remap. We made 180hp at all 4's on a pretty low reading dyno through the bigger tyres. No torque readings but feels insane to drive now. Super quick. Super super happy with it.

Here's a video of it on the dyno. Most of it is tyre noise however.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMKGgtZpOZxloG_Ok-euK1d3G7FOyMbyDv33i47lsrrGhWqUS49XMgYQ5DQ63NCaQ?key=Uk1KT3hsNmNSTmFSWU5NWE5YVkxHdzZfbTZkNXR3

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It rides abit harsher then it did stock but it feels better if anything. Still looking at picking the front up another inch if we can, just trying to work out the best way to do it as we had dramas trying to compress the springs far enough installing the spacers that are in there now.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMKGgtZpOZxloG_Ok-euK1d3G7FOyMbyDv33i47lsrrGhWqUS49XMgYQ5DQ63NCaQ?key=Uk1KT3hsNmNSTmFSWU5NWE5YVkxHdzZfbTZkNXR3

I had the same difficulty finding spring compressor good enough to compress some custom springs I acquired, in the end the only machine that would do the job was a Branick Wall Mount 7600 spring compressor (latest Branick, earlier versions were not good enough).

Keep this in mind if needing to fit bigger spacers/springs.

Here is a couple of pics of the custom springs (front = spring #1 (LHS) / Rear = spring #3) that we ended up fitting successfully with the Branick 7600, the OEM (springs #2 and #4)are included shown for comparison, the longer springs replaced the spacers and OEM springs originally fitted, found a big improvement in ride after the spacers were removed whilst still keeping a modest 30mm ride height gain.

TonyB

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
They are, but this is my wifes car and it's probably the most legal out of the three we own. Really don't want to do flares as it's not the style i'm going for and i'm super picky when it comes to that stuff but worst case we will do R50 flares on it to suit the rest of the kit.

I think that here in Victoria you can't have rubber wider than the wheel arches.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Missed this one sorry.

We ended up going for the spacer under the coil, 1 1/4" up front and 2 1/4" in the rear, we ended up around the 35mm mark I think up front and abit more in the rear. I'm looking at doing a subframe drop to get abit more lift in the front without sacrificing further downward travel. Long term would be custom control arms but thats something i'd really need to look into before jumping into it.
Thanks for the info. I am in the process of lifting my vehicle as well.
Also, I am following this off road build with great interest https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/1136894-cayenne-rally-offroad-build.html

This individual has done some pretty extensive modifications and even working on a custom coilover setup with long suspension travel and aftermarket shocks/springs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. My name is Sebi. I have a 2010 touareg tdi. I would like to lift it about 2 inches. I tried to find leveling/lift kits but no luck . Then I found this forum and I see pictures of lifted touaregs. So its possible. I saw that some guys used the Alex's lift kit. Can anyone tell me where can I get the lift/leveling kit ? I tried to find it online .....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. My name is Sebi. I have a 2010 touareg tdi. I would like to lift it about 2 inches. I tried to find leveling/lift kits but no luck . Then I found this forum and I see pictures of lifted touaregs. So its possible. I saw that some guys used the Alex's lift kit. Can anyone tell me where can I get the lift/leveling kit ? I tried to find it online .....
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lift-Kit-for-VW-Touareg-02-10-Audi-Q7-Porsche-Cayenne-1-2-30mm-strut-spacers/283467491837?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=3f217bd768c24f43a4defdcb624737cc&pid=100675&rk=3&rkt=15&sd=372628728269&itm=283467491837&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:a244602e-7c62-11e9-b3f3-74dbd1809639|parentrq:de6d54ac16a0ab66b3f3163bffe627f4|iid:1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts