Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a non adjustable suspension on a '08 Touareg and looking for a 2-3 in lift kit. Does anyone have any good advice? I know that there were some threads about this in the past..... Please help!

Thanks
Rob:confused2:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I've done a lot of work and spent a lot of money on this subject, suggest you read my journey here

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f66/suspension-upgrade-steel-t2-tdi-166345.html

Bottom line is that now I have stopped experimenting and have settled on the the Seikel suspension kit,
Seikel Suspension Kit - Volkswagen Touareg
with 245/70-17LT tyres which results in a 900-905mm ride height (measured from ground to bottom of wheel arch) being a 40mm increase to stock height which is pretty much the same as the height achieved by running on "offroad" height using air suspension but with the advantage of having full spring articulation.

In general the Touareg rides flatter and firmer however when I go back to the summer 255/55/18 tyres I feel that the ride is a little harsher due to the lower profile tyre and find I prefer to run with the higher profile tyre day to day.

Tony

·
Registered
121 Posts
I make a 50mm lift for T1 & T2s. I have yet to get my hands on the T3 to measure one up. 50mm's is about the max you want to go on our suspensions due to the design. Anything more and you'll be severely limiting your travel unless you get longer shocks and you also have to be concerned with the CV angles on the drive axles. There is a whole thread regarding lift kits for the T1/T2's located here

Here are a few shots with my spacers installed.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Looks good SoCal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking at getting some Touareg 18X8's, with either the Goodyear Duratrac, Continental TerrainContact or BFG ATs? Any thoughts? I was an owner of a CJ-7 with BFG ATs for about a decade and always liked them........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Exactly what I'm looking for. MmmBoost, do you make kits for the open market?
I'm happy to a make a kit for anyone who wants one. International shipping is not a concern either.

I'm looking at getting some Touareg 18X8's, with either the Goodyear Duratrac, Continental TerrainContact or BFG ATs? Any thoughts? I was an owner of a CJ-7 with BFG ATs for about a decade and always liked them........
my personal experience with Duratracs isn't great. We have them on a work truck and they are NOISY. they look great, but they're too loud. I was also looking at Cooper Discoverer AT3, BFG ATs, and General Grabbers.......but ultimately the Toyo Open Country AT2's won because of their better reviews and lower price (they're a newer tire).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks MmmBoost!

Whats the best way to get a hold of you to discuss your system? Unfortunately, I'm pretty knew and I'm waiting for the chance to send private replies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interested in the lift

I am interested in the lift, but I am new and unable to send a PM so far.

Can I receive a PM but not send? Please contact me MmmBoost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

MmmBoost, I've seen the pics with your Touareg, with the lift kit installed. So I am - naturally - wondering how would that look on my T 7L :D. Do you still make those, can you please post some pictures of the kit ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there MmmBoost,

Like the other comments- I'm interested in the suspension parts you offer for a T1.
Are they still being made/available?
I'm also new to this forum so am unable to PM you.
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts