Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so many problems with my T-Reg that I'm considering taking the legal route to seek either a refund or a replacement car. The many faults and the unprofessional service has provided me with NO defect free drive time so far. Anyone who has reached this point as well?

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
There are several people here and on VW Vortex (some of them the same people) who had gotten replacement vehicles from VW. It is usually a matter of severity of the defects, how many times each specific defect took to correct, how many days the vehicle has been in the shop.

Check with your own states Motor Vehicle Department or Consumer Protection Department to see how the laws read in your state.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, what does it say about the Treg that I've bookmarked the website for the Minnesota Lemon Law before I've even taken delivery of my new V10?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately, I am with you.

My first month and a half of ownership has been horrible. It started on the way home from the dealership - literally - when the CD player went out.

Within the first week, the back passenger tire started grinding due to a faulty axel. My rig has been in the shop for over 30 or the 45 of "ownership". Needless to say, it has been a very tough experience and I am excercising legal options at this point.

Check your states Lemon Law guidelines because they all differ.

Really too bad, because I love(d) the vehicle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
moneypenny - I truly hope you never have to use that bookmark. I also hope your dealer is a good one. Hopefully it won't have any problems and neither the lemon law or bad service will become issues. If it works right how could they???!!!

Farinan1 - i can empathize. your problem seems to have been much more abrupt then mine but just as if not more severe. good luck.

Lars - i agree about the customer service however it is not grounds for lemon law resolution. any other mechanical issues can eventually become lemon law issues. usually after three repair attempts have been made like in my state. first and foremost document any and all repairs and contact with vw. anyone will agree with that. other than that the site shown above has great info for each states lemon law. most are similar but just look for your state. i have become all too well versed on my states lemon laws and have had an attorney handling this for me for a couple of months now. Look for my posts both here and on vortex and you will see the troubles i have had. it is almost over but not quite. vw has tried to make this the most miserable experience possible for me and that is why i let someone else deal with them, nothing i did got a response.

good luck. i do agree this could be a great car. it is for most and those that were lucky to get a trouble free car don't have to suffer through the poor service. i just wish i could be customizing my touareg instead of waiting for it to go to or come back from the shop and all the while suffering through the horrible treatment.

good luck everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.