Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Need some help finding the high beam connector? I bought the Stedi light bar (which looks awesome) but can’t see how to connect to high beam. This is the connection from the led bar. If someone knows where to plug in please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.
AB9EA98E-EB84-48AA-B148-BD762642F455.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.. 2013 TDI, Xenon and not sure about the rest. How do I tell if it is adaptive? The lights follow when I turn turning left or right if thats what you mean,.. I think those are the fog lights though..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sorry, I meant to ask if they are DLA's = Dynamic Light Assistant? So that high beam varies according to other cars' lights.

If not, you can dig a black/white wire going to the left lamp. It's tucked in a bundle of other wires, but rather easily accessible. Tap into that wire, but using a relay. That thing in your hand in the picture does not go "plug and play" anywhere in your car.

The ledbar needs:

Positive = there is a terminal under the hood
Negative = any nut/bolt will do, but there is also a negative terminal under the hood
On/off -signal = from the b/w wire I described

And if you want to use a switch for the ledbar, you need to route a cable to the cabin. This is extremely difficult in a 7P Touareg...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome will have a look when I get back home. That’s so helpful.

Assume I just cut that cable and attach to the relay cable? Is it that simple?

Understand the power and on/off switch part.

Power is running down into the back of the car where I have installed another battery. Just through back hatch atm. Considering drilling under the rail but will see.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Awesome will have a look when I get back home. That’s so helpful.

Assume I just cut that cable and attach to the relay cable? Is it that simple?
Yep. If you do not have the DLA.

But the thought just crossed my mind, that if your car is Right Hand Drive, could the wires be mirror images as well...? I doubt it, but one can never be certain...

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
❌❗ Warning, do not tap into any wiring untill you can determine if your lights have a separate high beam circuit!
If you put a multimeter on the lighting harness you will not see any power fluctuation when high beam is enabled.

I'm dealing with this very issue at the moment, I have an '08 with Bi-Xenon headlights, there is only one "bulb" in the headlight and low/high beam is actually activated by a shutter that opens and closes partially to control the amount of light that is emitted, my understanding that the actuation of high/low is by a can bus signal.
I have found someone locally in AU who has devised a wiring adaptor to enable the use of LED spot lights and LED light bars to be used in current model Amoroks fitted with Xenon lights and he is working on a solution for me ATM.
Will post any developments as come to light.
See: https://www.clubtouareg.com/threads/anyone-successfully-fitted-led-lightbar-to-a-t2-with-xenon-headlights.289966/
TonyB

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply guys. Seafarer28 when do you reckon that your mates adaptor will be ready?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys. Seafarer28 when do you reckon that your mates adaptor will be ready?
Not sure where he's at, have sent him message and waiting on reply.

@Juha, thanks for link, have spoken to local importer, said "CANM8 should work, if not they would work with installer to reprogram module to make it work". Stumbling block for me could be the price >$200AUD + install, not sure willing to invest that much to get LED light to work with high beam stalk, my other option is just to power manually from switch, just not legal for on road use.

Will update tread with any developments.

TonyB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
3 Participants
Juha
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing