Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2,282 Posts
Let's try to focus on one thing at a time for clarity and educational purposes.
Code:
Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 7L6-920-xxx-7L6.lbl
   Part No SW: 7L6 920 890 K    HW: 7L6 920 890 K
   Component: J285 KOMBI-INST.    9733
   Revision: KHH06V02  
   Coding: 0007101
   Shop #: WSC 54173 003 1048576
   VCID: 408FBC7913A4158F8F-8014

1 Fault Found:
00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage
            002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00100010
                    Fault Priority: 6
                    Fault Frequency: 55
                    Reset counter: 132
                    Mileage: 148458 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2022.04.05
                    Time: 10:09:58
We will start with this one, as it appears to be the most significant. (I'm also not liking the HVAC one, but let's see)
So, you've had the BEM step in and cut off circuits 55 times thus far, since the date\odo shown.
It will reset on its own after another 132 ignition cycles if the conditions don't happen again.

Please see if you can extract the history file as per post #15, as that should give us additional useful information.
Does the parasitic draw issue seem to coincide with your horn replacement or any other known maintenance or fault?
Thanks for the reply.

The horn error first appeared on scan done at 141,100kms/Aug1, 2021 whereas the 00446 fault was first logged on 2019.06.04 so would not be a contributing factor.

It was getting difficult to process the history of this issue so I went back through all my scans to log when the 00446 first appeared and summarised the information, the fault first appeared in Sept 2019 at 118,680kms and another 4 times since then.
I thought that fault was triggered by a low battery situation and kept deleting the fault.

I'll get on that Ross-Tech History Data link you posted today and see if I can get any info from it.

Many thanks.

TonyB

PS. Unfortunately cannot post the .xls file as its not a supported format for attachment here....

· Registered
2,282 Posts
I'm not at the car now but how do I get from the Main Screen to the history data screen which shows the (19) and (61) button options?

· Registered
2,282 Posts
Ok, no problems.
Let me get to the vehicle and get set up, at the moment we just want to know if I can access battery data information in 19 or 61?

· Registered
2,282 Posts
Is there anything you want me to get assuming I can get the data as I am going to have a logistical problem in working in the vehicle and then trying to get to another PC in the house to relay information to you here.
If you don't mind giving me your cell # via PM I don't mind giving you a call from the car??

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,957 Posts
I want to know if your controller supplier that detailed info.
I linked you above to what you should see. #22 There's several drop-downs with tons of info that come out of my controller as per my battery replacement post that I also mentioned if you had a chance to take a look.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,957 Posts
I'm going to go dark shortly so save the history data to your gmail drive or similar file sharing service and I can download it and browse the information for you later on if you can't figure out how to look at or interpret the info.

· Registered
2,282 Posts
I have no file sharing service, I'll save or copy anything I think is relevant and will have to send to you another way.
Get in touch tomorrow when you are free and we can carry on if you like.....

· Registered
2,282 Posts
Thank you...

Reactions: SaVAGeSoot

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Hi fellow Tregs wondered if anyone experienced first start of the day sluggish engine turn over mindful of a bad battery.Not the case as battery replaced recently.
Rest of starts all normal kick over.Any ideas,car running great.
2017 3 litre 120,000 kms.
The first thing I would want to know is the current draw when locked. A clamp meter on the main battery cable accessible under the small panel in the footwell (battery side) would show this.

Mine also seems a bit sluggish at times and has has a 300mA draw (I would expect around 80mA) after being locked for 40 minutes. I can see it drop from around 1500mA. After a 3-week holiday sat idle it wouldn't start but used every few days it isn't an issue but I doubt 300mA is normal.

· Registered
154 Posts
Watching this thread. Mine has a similar issue. I also replaced my battery a while back which hasn't helped. In fact the old battery has sat in the garage for more than 12 months, never seen a charger and still enough juice to run a compressor and jump start my project car when needed so it's holding fine. I'd love to get to the bottom of it.
I'll see if I can follow the steps as directed by @SaVAGeSoot (thx!) on the weekend and get some data for comparisons.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts