Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been advised of launch Model Pricing as follows.
There is only one vehicle variant (190kw/600Nm TDI) with only 2 additional options available at launch -Innovision package which includes: Active Info Display (digital instrument cluster), HUD, 15" Discover Premium, Ambient Lighting with 30 colours and wait for it.....a volume scroll wheel. The other option is the pano sunroof. When I bought our MY16 180TDI the RRP was $85,490 and we added the Driver Assistance Pack $5,400 and the Comfort Pack at $3000. The launch model has all of that kit included in the $89,900 and way more like 18 way adjustable ft seats with heated/ventilated and massage function, park assist, 4 zone climate, IQ Dynamic LED headlights, 20" Braga black alloys, Ft cross traffic assist, Predictive pedestrian protection, electric tailgate with easy open/close. For me it's a no brainer, launch touareg with innovision package, sunroof and metallic paint taking the RRP to $102,990. Suspect drive away price will be $110,000 however some movement likely. Don't know about the rest of you, but we've had a series 1, and series 2 (both brand new purchases) and couldn't be happier with the car. This will be our 3rd.

- Touareg 190TDI Launch Edition RRP $89,990
- Innovision Package RRP $8,000
- Panoramic Sunroof RRP $3,000
Choice of 4 paint colours
- Pure White No Cost
- Silicone Grey Metallic RRP $2,000
- Deep Black Pearl RRP $2,000
- Hero Launch Colour Reef Blue RRP $2,000

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the info. Any word when the V8 will be available in Oz?
I have heard somewhere between end 2019 and 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi,

Been advised of launch Model Pricing as follows.
There is only one vehicle variant (190kw/600Nm TDI) with only 2 additional options available at launch -Innovision package which includes: Active Info Display (digital instrument cluster), HUD, 15" Discover Premium, Ambient Lighting with 30 colours and wait for it.....a volume scroll wheel. The other option is the pano sunroof. When I bought our MY16 180TDI the RRP was $85,490 and we added the Driver Assistance Pack $5,400 and the Comfort Pack at $3000. The launch model has all of that kit included in the $89,900 and way more like 18 way adjustable ft seats with heated/ventilated and massage function, park assist, 4 zone climate, IQ Dynamic LED headlights, 20" Braga black alloys, Ft cross traffic assist, Predictive pedestrian protection, electric tailgate with easy open/close. For me it's a no brainer, launch touareg with innovision package, sunroof and metallic paint taking the RRP to $102,990. Suspect drive away price will be $110,000 however some movement likely. Don't know about the rest of you, but we've had a series 1, and series 2 (both brand new purchases) and couldn't be happier with the car. This will be our 3rd.

- Touareg 190TDI Launch Edition RRP $89,990
- Innovision Package RRP $8,000
- Panoramic Sunroof RRP $3,000
Choice of 4 paint colours
- Pure White No Cost
- Silicone Grey Metallic RRP $2,000
- Deep Black Pearl RRP $2,000
- Hero Launch Colour Reef Blue RRP $2,000
How does the above launch pricing compare to the current pricing?

I read somewhere that they will also be making a 210TDI version available, so this would be my pick if you don't want to the V8 TDI version.

Regarding when the V8 TDI will arrive in Aust, it is still too early to tell.

Suggest calling up the local VW dealer and see if they know, but unless already confirmed, they will just speculate on a date.

BTW: I saw this video of the V8 TDI being previewed at a recent motor show.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks mate. In Nov last year, I placed a deposit for the new V8 with prob the biggest VW dealer in Australia.
They still haven’t heard anything from VGA regarding an arrival date.
Just wondering if there are any spies on here who may know? VW are certainly playing their cards very close to their chest.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks mate. In Nov last year, I placed a deposit for the new V8 with prob the biggest VW dealer in Australia.
They still haven’t heard anything from VGA regarding an arrival date.
Just wondering if there are any spies on here who may know? VW are certainly playing their cards very close to their chest.

You are on a winner if you get the V8 TDi (either the current one or this new one).

Skip to the interview with the VW Head of Marketing & Sales (starting at 12 mins into the video).

@13:50: He mentioned that he has one and that people who own the V8 TDi, love them and will keep it forever, similar to what occurred with owners of the original V10 TDi (they will also never sell theirs).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I probably won't jump in straight on launch but the new V8 is pretty much the only reason I'd upgrade my current V8 R Line.

And the main reason I want to upgrade is that it has ****ty infotainment, and also as I don't have a garage my cars end up looking pretty ratty by about the 5 year mark, so a 'forever car' isn't really an option for me.

Pricing looks like it's gonna be up there. Any guesses on drive away pricing for the new V8? If the V6 is going to be $100k-$110k then the V8 might be more like $140k which is getting pretty high for a VW.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Get a Revo tune on your current V8 TDi. Will bump the power up to 331kw and 890nm.

Very drivable and extra power when you need it. The extra power will be comparable to performance of the new one for around $1200.

On the pricing on the new one, I was looking back at pricing for the R50 when new, back in 2008, it was $130k, before on-roads.

The pricing on the new may be similar, but will depend on what VW Aust provided as standard. If it follows the current R-Line, the only option will be the sunroof (with everything else included as standard).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, we've done it. Signed the contract and placed deposit on Launch Edition 190kw 600NM. Reef blue with both available options (Innovision and Panoramic roof). Car is docking in Melbourne this Friday, and subject to VW release should have it week starting 27th May - the 27th May is apparently the official Aus launch date. Dealer couldn't confirm when the 170TDI entry and 210TDI will be arriving to replace the 190TDI Launch other than to say about 6 months. Low $60k's changeover with our MY15 180TDI as trade (42k for trade)

Can't wait!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well, we've done it. Signed the contract and placed deposit on Launch Edition 190kw 600NM. Reef blue with both available options (Innovision and Panoramic roof). Car is docking in Melbourne this Friday, and subject to VW release should have it week starting 27th May - the 27th May is apparently the official Aus launch date. Dealer couldn't confirm when the 170TDI entry and 210TDI will be arriving to replace the 190TDI Launch other than to say about 6 months. Low $60k's changeover with our MY15 180TDI as trade (42k for trade)

Can't wait!!
Congratulations on the purchase.

Keep us informed how it goes once you get delivery.

PS. Reef Blue is a great color. Good second to black pearl. :grin2:

·
Learner
4,645 Posts

Can't wait!!
Congrats !
Saw it first hand locally at a vw panel shop, nice colour it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats !
Saw it first hand locally at a vw panel shop, nice colour it is.
That's good to hear....photos/videos are one thing. Our last 2 have been metallic black. The kids really twisted our arm on this colour selection -only 4 colours available at launch. Reef Blue (exclusive to launch edition), pure white (only no cost colour), Silicone Grey Metallic and Deep Black Pearl effect

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on your purchase. How about air sus, not mentioned in your text? Guess, not so many members here who owned all generations.
Sorry, yes air suspension included. Highlighted features include:

- Front assist with City EB and predictive pedestrian monitoring (and for the 1st time it recognises bicycles)
- Lane assist with adaptive lane guidance
- Park assist (our last 2 didn't have this -was always told Gen 1 couldn't due to the 4WD running gear)
- Traffic Jam assist
- Emergency assist
- Side assist with rear cross traffic alert
- Front cross traffic assist
- trailer assist
- Proactive occupant protection
- IQ dynamic LED headlights
- 20" Braga black alloy wheels
- Savona Leather with massage, heated and ventilated front seats- 18 way adjustable
- App connect, 4 x USB ports and wireless phone charging
- Air care 4- zone climate control
- tinted rear windows 82%
- Keyless access and start
- Driving profile selection with 4motion active control
- 4 corner air suspension (not sure if this includes rear wheel steer) in the UK if you have the air suspension the rear steer comes with that
- Memory front seats, mirrors, and electronic steering column
- Easy open and close tailgate
- 10kw more power and 50NM more torque than our current 180TDI

·
Registered
15 Posts

Can't wait!!
A fine choice :)
I ordered the exact same one last week and pick it up Wednesday. My first Touareg and first VW, it will be replacing my 100 Series LandCruiser.

Do you plan to tow with it? If so any advice on suitable two equipment for caravan towing would be appreciated. I am planning to fit with VW CAN Bus wiring and REDARC Tow Pro Elite V3 but don’t know if I have to buy a genuine VW unit from a dealer or get get the equivalent fitted by a third party. The VW dealer option is very expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A fine choice :)
I ordered the exact same one last week and pick it up Wednesday. My first Touareg and first VW, it will be replacing my 100 Series LandCruiser.

Do you plan to tow with it? If so any advice on suitable two equipment for caravan towing would be appreciated. I am planning to fit with VW CAN Bus wiring and REDARC Tow Pro Elite V3 but don’t know if I have to buy a genuine VW unit from a dealer or get get the equivalent fitted by a third party. The VW dealer option is very expensive.

Great stuff and congrats -good luck today with delivery. No we don't tow, so unfortunately can't offer you any advice here.

We pick ours up on Friday morning. Saw one in the flesh (different colour) and I must say its a marked improvement from the T2 in terms of exterior and interior design - lot's of features that were options on our T1 (rear window sunblinds) for example are now standard. Be sad to say goodbye to our MY15 T2 as it's been a faithful trouble free car for the last 4 years.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Great stuff and congrats -good luck today with delivery. No we don't tow, so unfortunately can't offer you any advice here.

We pick ours up on Friday morning. Saw one in the flesh (different colour) and I must say its a marked improvement from the T2 in terms of exterior and interior design - lot's of features that were options on our T1 (rear window sunblinds) for example are now standard. Be sad to say goodbye to our MY15 T2 as it's been a faithful trouble free car for the last 4 years.
Were you leasing your MY15 or did you buy outright?

Was looking at resale values of MY15/MY16 models.

The depreciation hit for a 4 year old car would have been around 50%.

I am keeping mine for at least another 3 years, as I have just changed brakes and need to change tyres (as they are getting really low).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Were you leasing your MY15 or did you buy outright?

Was looking at resale values of MY15/MY16 models.

The depreciation hit for a 4 year old car would have been around 50%.

I am keeping mine for at least another 3 years, as I have just changed brakes and need to change tyres (as they are getting really low).

Hi NM we've bought both of ours outright and traded them in on new ones respectively. 50% is about right at 4 years when traded, obviously more if you sell privately. I paid for a redbook valuation so I could use that as a starting point with the dealer. For our MY15 with drivers assist and comfort packs with under 50,000kms, "good condition" trade in value was listed at $46k, private sale for "good condition" was $51k. Original list price with those options before LCT, Stamp Duty and dealer delivery was $93K. When trading though, in my experience it's less what the dealer offers for trade and more about what the change over costs are.

In 3 more years the new V8 would have been around in Aus for 2 years so will that be your replacement? At 130K (guess), less what a 6 year old V8 will fetch, suspect there'd be a 80-90K changeover. Buy it next year, with yours only at 4yr mark and that changeover might be 60-70k changeover. It's all relative I guess.

I bought our 1st Touareg (09 T1) when our first child was born and have loved the feeling that my family travels in one of safest cars available in Aus, its a bonus that its a quality vehicle that doesn't shout look at my badge! The 2nd reason, and my wife summed this up the other day, is that she smiles every time she gets in behind the wheel...you can't beat that!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi NM we've bought both of ours outright and traded them in on new ones respectively. 50% is about right at 4 years when traded, obviously more if you sell privately. I paid for a redbook valuation so I could use that as a starting point with the dealer. For our MY15 with drivers assist and comfort packs with under 50,000kms, "good condition" trade in value was listed at $46k, private sale for "good condition" was $51k. Original list price with those options before LCT, Stamp Duty and dealer delivery was $93K. When trading though, in my experience it's less what the dealer offers for trade and more about what the change over costs are.

In 3 more years the new V8 would have been around in Aus for 2 years so will that be your replacement? At 130K (guess), less what a 6 year old V8 will fetch, suspect there'd be a 80-90K changeover. Buy it next year, with yours only at 4yr mark and that changeover might be 60-70k changeover. It's all relative I guess.

I bought our 1st Touareg (09 T1) when our first child was born and have loved the feeling that my family travels in one of safest cars available in Aus, its a bonus that its a quality vehicle that doesn't shout look at my badge! The 2nd reason, and my wife summed this up the other day, is that she smiles every time she gets in behind the wheel...you can't beat that!
Hi Jonathan,

I am still have under 50k on the odometer, so will be a waste to trade it in.
All that will do is give someone a well looked after V8 TDi, with low kilometers and never towed anything.

Not sure what I will replace her with once I trade her in. I have read that the new T5 Touareg is larger than the now superseded T4.

I think this size increase may tempt me to look for a smaller SUV, like the BMW X3 M40i.

Pricing will be 30k cheaper than the upcoming T5 V8 TDi and the X3 sprint to 0 to 100 km/h in 4.8 secs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my Launch Edition on Wednesday so just a few days with it, it is my first VW so I need to get used to the way the menus and various systems work. A couple of early comments:

Good:
Innovision Cockpit is awesome, love love love the dash but I am a gadget guy.
I like the duel Speed Limiter/ACC albeit switching between the two is clunky.
Integration with CarPlay is very good (assume Android Auto as well) and allows VW system to operate concurrently with CarPlay.
Massage seats are awesome.
Engine is a rocket - coming from a 100 Series LC so I may had had low expectations.

Bad:
Towbar not available for two months or so according to the dealer - that is a big one for me.
Cant pickup or hangup calls on steering wheel.
Not so sure about panoramic sunroof, I think it will be hot in Summer.
No soft close door but is listed as a feature in manual.
No PDF available of manual.

Comments:
The non-availability of Tow Bar for several months surprised me and is pretty annoying. I'm also curious to see how the tow bar is fitted as there is no cutout for the attachment, see below.

I have booked the car in with Tint-A-Car Albion the get a protective film on the front of vehicle and front third of the bonnet as well as paint production using a product called EliteX which is a Silicon Carbide/Ceramic coating.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
9 Participants
paulie0735
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing