Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for the Touareg V8 in Colorado Red with all the options. Probably a late mid life crisis gift to myself as it was more than I ever dreamed I would spend on a vheicle. Still though from the time I read an early Touareg revies I knew I had to get one.

I purchased it from Jordan Motors in Des Moines, IA. I've done business with them in the past due to owning a VW New Beatle and two Acuras (another make they sell). I'd also purchased a Honda CRV from thier Ames, IA dealership. In my experience they are straiognt shooters with no bull. The finance guy didn't even push an extended warranty. He just ask if I was interested and dropped it when I said "no thanks."

I'm twice divorced and now share my home with a wonderful lady who seems to understand me. My main interest other than her is Ham Radio. I've held a license for the hobby since January, 1963. My callsign is W0ETC. Are there any other Ham Radio Touareg owners out there?

Attachments

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,304 Posts
Larry,

Welcome to "the family." Your post is a good lesson for all the other newbies who join down the road.

Not only did you provide some information - more importantly - you posted a picture of your 'T' ----- very smart!!!

Hey, you should come to the Northeast Fall TOUAREG rally. If you do, when I drive that way, we can cruise east in a mini convoy.

http://forums.clubtouareg.com/ftopic935.html&highlight=rally

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments. Just doing what I thought I should do. The east coast trip sounds like fun. But, we already have an east coast trip (south east) planned for in October to attend a Ham Radio convention and that will break the piggy bank for a while.

· Registered
305 Posts
Hello OM. W3JY here. First licensed in 1977. Putting an Icom IC-208h into my T'reg this weekend as a matter of fact. But my real project is my 78 Westy Deluxe with a 16" Shakespeare military HF antenna system for my 706!
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.