Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, looked everywhere but did not see touareg using these tires, want them for off road adventures as running 20'' with AT tires for off roading is not a good idea :D (never let me down though) picked up OEM 17'' wheels for less then 100$ sandblasted them in my shop and powder coated, now they are ready for new boots :)
did a lot of research on tires but not many available here in Tbilisi :(
want something more than AT tires, but not too aggressive and noisy MTs, so there are some hybrid tires there like:
Nitto ridge grapplers, Toyo open country RT, Cooper S/T maxx, Goodyear duratrac and Kumho MT51, non of them where available here except Kumho and Cooper, so went with Kumhos in size 275/65/17. love the tread and side wall, the compound feels a bit soft but hope they will do at least 50K kms :) will fit them on Tuesday, and will post first impressions, on and off road behavior as i really was looking for this info and there was none, so hope it will help other :wink2: any suggestions and questions are welcomed :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so here we are :) new boots on and im very happy :) looks and feels good and confidant on road, they are quiet, im comparing them to cooper LTZ and hankook rf10 and they are quite and have good grip on wet road and wet highway

Attachments

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forgot to mention, these are OEM wheels with the offset 55 and i have not used any spacers for this setup, 275/65/17 and no rubbing at any point and air suspension level. mind you i have 285/50/20 coopers and and with Q7 wheels with offset 60mm and im using 12mm spacers to clear upper bolt, and with simple calculations it goes without any spacers :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
These look awesome, very similar to what I want, if probably go with the Toyo’s Open country’s as I don’t actually go off-road ha

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as promised to post impressions about Kumho MT51 tires... so what do i think?..... AMAZING!!! there is no need of any other tires for off roading, so done about 2k kms on them and they are very quite and comfy in any condition of the road. would i buy them again? YES!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts