Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, I'm selling my KGL-7402 Android head unit. The unit is in excellent condition, I switched back to stock navigation, because I'm thinking about trading my 08 VR6. The mounting brackets are missing, I misplaced them. But you will be getting the AFAIK adapter, and the GPS adapter.
Please PM me with any questions.
$250 OBO

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm an android fan, all the firmware and software can be downloaded from the files repositories.

FileMirror for HuiFei-Units

Modified KGL, KLD, JY roms and TWRP images by coudu

MMM_N.N.N_XRESxYRES_yymmdd_rooted_light_reparted_init.d_recoem_vV:
rooted:
- ClockworkMod's Superuser apk, su binary and root daemon (root daemon needed on 4.3+ roms)
reparted: (seems popular these days)
- system reduced from 768MB to 512MB
- oem reduced from 128MB to 64MB
- data increased from 1GB to 3GB
- internal sd in now a bit less than 4GB
removed apks:
- Gmail2 (available on Play Store)
- Maps (available on Play Store)
- GoogleSearch (available on Play Store)
- VoiceSearch (included in GoogleSearch on Play Store)
- Talkback (available on Play Store)
- Google TTS and its libs and files (available on Play Store)
- Adobe Reader and its libs (available on Play Store)
- Instructions (surely useless, not relevant and badly translated from chinese...)
- Chinese and Japanese Keyboards (also removed their libs that are now useless)
- MTCnavi/Navgear (just a stupid shortcut to the selected nav app in settings...)
- MTCoem (on v4.3 and above, no more apks to install in oem part)
updated/added apks:
- Google Play Store (updated to latest version)
- Google Play Services (updated to latest version with libs correctly installed so no more Google Play Services errors! Fixed on 1024x600 thanks to @ESTIMULO)
- Browser bookmarks sync adapter (added, missing in KLD and KGL)
- Google calendar sync adapter (added, missing in KGL)
- Google contacts sync adapter (added, missing in KGL)
modded:
- init.d support added (late in boot process so every external storages are mounted), you can drop your scripts to /etc/init.d (chmod 755)
- added compatibility symlinks for storage mount points (it may fix issues with apps using hard-coded path to access sdcards and usb, if not it won't hurt anywway!)
- flash_image binary by Androtab, with dump_image and erase image symlinks to flash/erase/dump full partitions (dump_image return an error at the end but you can ignore it, dump is valid)
- Xposed app_process binary (on v4.3 and above, only binary you need to install Xposed installer for Xposed to work but if you restore data with TWRP you're good to go no need to re-run the installer!)
- Early start of mtcservice by @Petrows (on v4.3 and above, only starts the service if it is installed or if data are restored with TWRP)
- oem partition now holds standard an TWRP recovery images (on v4.3 and above, monted on /mnt/oem in Android and mountable on /oem in TWRP)

IT WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AND INTERNAL SD so backup first!

Please note that 1024x600 versions are untested as I don't own such a device but it's modded the same way so it should work flawlessly.

Updated TWRP image
This is an updated Team Win Recovery Project image based on 2.7.0.0 by Abdul from freaktabs (most credits goes to him!)
Updated fstab to new KK part scheme (was mounting kpanic and oem instead of system and internal sd)
Updated kernel, modules and config files (full SElinux support)
Updated fstab to make oem partition mountable
Still no touchscreen, you have to use a mouse. I've spent days trying to make touchscreen work but no luck, I'm starting to think that touchscreen is handled by mcu which then emulates a touch device or some weird things like that...
Now with a 1024x600 image
Please note that 1024x600 version is untested as I don't own such a device but it's Updated the same way so it should work.

How to flash recoveries back and forth to backup/restore data over flashes
Install Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator for Android from Play Store and use a root explorer to save the apk file to your sd card or usb storage.
Download flash_image binary and use a root explorer to copy it to /system/bin and change permission to 755 rwxr-xr-x (if you are on one of my modded fw it's already installed you can skip this step).
Launch Terminal Emulator and type su to gain root, then type cd /path/to/recovery/folder, then type flash_image recovery twrp.img (on v4.3 and above you can directly type su then type flash_image recovery /mnt/oem/twrp.img)
You now have twrp installed, type reboot recovery to reboot to twrp.
In twrp use a mouse and go to backup menu to backup data (do not backup to internal sd it will be formatted by update).
Now reboot to system and place update.img at the root of you external sd or usb storage but don't update if prompted
Launch Terminal Emulator and type su to gain root, then type cd /path/to/recovery/folder, then type flash_image recovery recovery.img (on v4.3 and above you can directly type su then type flash_image recovery /mnt/oem/recovery.img)
You now have standard recovery installed, type reboot recovery to reboot to recovery.
Now you can flash update.img from the menu using power button.
When back into Android use backed up Jack Palevich's Terminal Emulator for Android apk to reinstall it quickly without having to set up google account.
Launch Terminal Emulator and type su to gain root, then type cd /path/to/recovery/folder, then type flash_image recovery twrp.img (on v4.3 and above you can directly type su then type flash_image recovery /mnt/oem/twrp.img)
You now have twrp installed, type reboot recovery to reboot to twrp.
In twrp use a mouse and go to restore menu to restore data.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts