Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 04 Treg and have searched for this and can't find anything. I have two bad door handles and the dealer wants to replace them at a very high cost. The door handles are causing the battery to drain over night. I am wondering if there is a way to disconnect the keyless entry system either via a fuse or by taking apart the door panel and disconnecting the handle directly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked up parts. It they are still expensive and from what I've researched they would need to be reprogrammed by the dealer. I don't care about the keyless entry I just don't want the car to be dying every night.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Often the microswitches are broken and keep the batterie draining. You can pull them out to solve the draining problem, but then you have to lock the doors with the remote control (or with the keys)
br
Mark

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
The micro-switches can be tested with a VCDS cable. You can log in and see if the switch says open or closed. You then press the switch while watching VCDS to see if the button is working or not. Easy to troubleshoot if you have the right equipment.

90% of the time it is not the micro-switches that are causing the battery drain.

When the switch is stuck in the closed position, it keeps locking the car with nobody there.

If the switch is stuck in the open position, then when you press it, the car does not lock.

When the switch is wocky and doing random things, the car randomly locks when nobody is there and randomly the car refuses to unlock when you are there pressing the button.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was able to take off the door panel and disconnect what I believe is the keyless entry connection. So far no issues, the "move selector lever to position p" has stopped and the car is no longer doing randomly locking the door and unlocking the doors. Time will tell if this is permanent but so far so good. Everything seems to be functioning normally minus the fact the keyless entry does not work which is fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts