Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still navigating myself around all the buttons and controls in my recently acquired 2011 treg.

About 10% of the time I seem to somehow get the key fob locked into its hole on the dash.
The only way I have found to release it is to turn it, which then starts the engine again..

I haven't been able to pin point want I am doing exactly to make it not release it all the time??

I suspect it might be related to the auto start/stop

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Tony,

Hmm the only common sense, things I can think of are try putting foot on brake pedal? If its an auto I noticed mine wont release unless its in park, lastly these remotes love a good quality battery in them, I bought some generic ones of ebay
and the remote played up, so reading up on the forum someone mentioned how much better the Keyless entry and everything key related functioned with decent quality Duracell or equiv battery's

I hope if the above doesn't help someone will post another response for you,

Regards Mark...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine sticks too sometimes and it seems to happen more often when I just click the key left "super-fast" to turn off the car. I try to be a little more deliberate and hold the key to the left just a fraction longer. It seems to help in my case.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Others have had this issue and I think all of them say take your time removing the key as per Warren above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By coincidence I was fiddling with it today and discovered exactly as hinted above.
Hold the key for a second or two before releasing it to the centre position and then it releases it without starting the engine again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts