Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a used 2006 tourage and my key fob worked when I first got it and now it won’t iv tried doing the reset in the book and won’t work also has new battery and saw online u can do a reset with 2keys buy mine only came with one :-/ any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
New Duracell or Energizer 2032? I won't use other brands in the VW remote anymore.

You should still be able to use the mechanical key to open the door and start. Does that still work? Key must go into ignition and start within 30 seconds after opening with the mechanical key, or the alarms will go off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recently got a used 2006 tourage and my key fob worked when I first got it and now it won’t iv tried doing the reset in the book and won’t work also has new battery and saw online u can do a reset with 2keys buy mine only came with one :-/ any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
I have the same problem but with a 2005 . I couldn't find any instructions in the 2005 Owner manual to reset the fob. What were the instructions for reseting the fob for the 2006. I would like to try that.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
t find any instructions in the 2005 Owner manual to reset the fob. What were the instructions for reseting the fob for the 2006. I would like to try that.
The same procedure works for all the T1 2004 to the 2007 not facelift. Look for the 2004 reset instructions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes key works in the door and to start the car ...I just can’t get it to reprogram and I did replace the battery with Said Energizer 2032? And the key fob worked when I first got the car bout a mo ago.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dirt under buttons? When you press the buttons, you see the LED lighting up?
Disassemble the keyfob and clean it with isopropyl alcohol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Shouldn't be red? I think you changed with an old battery. Look for Panasonic and check expiry date.

Or try:
How do I reset my VW key fob?
This can only be done with your master key, but is fast and simple to do:
  1. Press and hold either the lock or unlock button for one second. The vehicle should remain locked.
  2. Using the master key, unlock and relock your Volkswagen.
  3. Your key fob should reset itself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts