Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon folks!

Just recently bought a 2004 3.2 V6 ((loving it!!!!)). Got two keys with it. One of the keys however seems to eat batteries! Tried two fresh batteries so far. Starts off working fine but with in 24 hours the battery is dead. My initial thought is that one of the buttons might be stuck under the shell but it doesnt show a constant light on the key unit. Any advice before I start taking the circuit board apart?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
If you are good with a ohm meter, then check that bad remote out. But first...

Are you using a good quality battery? I have some China sourced "really cheap" CR2032 that seem ok in several other devices, but would fail when put in the VW remote.

Made in Japan and Singapore CR2032 coin cells seem to be a good bet for a VW remote battery. The remote is just picky. Also, if you do some google research, there is a lot of discussion about sub par coin cell batteries coming out of china. While the batters are cheap and work in a lot of devices, they don't really meet the specs that the battery is supposed to have and therefore fail in "demanding applications."

·
Registered
557 Posts
Cheap China batteries will fail in days or weeks. Get some fresh name brand and problem may go away. This is based on experience, not just theory!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts