Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I wanted to check with those with Kessy installed on their Touareg's (mine is a 2009 R50) about how best to lock and leave the car. I've had the R50 about 10 months and have typically just pressed the lock button on the fob as I'm walking away from the car when I am at least a couple of metres from the car to ensure I am outside the range of the Kessy antenna. I watched a clip of someone with their T2 hitting the black rubber button on the door handle to lock the car then just walk away - and it remains locked.

So I tried this the other day and after I pushed the black button, the car did lock but within a second or so and just as I was walking away, it unlocked again due to my proximity to the handle.

Is this normal behaviour or is it best to just use the fob button to lock it after I am out of range?

If so, what is the purpose of the black button then?

Pete.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Push the black button with only one finger. Try not to touch the handle or have your body really close to the vehicle. Move away at least 18 inches as soon as you push the black button. Best press and walk away.

I had this problem before and realized that I had my knee almost touching the door while I was pressing the button. It was confusing the heck out of the system. I just had to stand further back while pressing the button to solve that one.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Push the black button with only one finger. Try not to touch the handle or have your body really close to the vehicle. Move away at least 18 inches as soon as you push the black button. Best press and walk away.

I had this problem before and realized that I had my knee almost touching the door while I was pressing the button. It was confusing the heck out of the system. I just had to stand further back while pressing the button to solve that one.
Right Nicky, thanks for that tip, will give that a try next time I am out in the beast. I suppose if I have my key fob in a pocket, then make sure I stand side on to the car with key in the most distant pocket to the handle.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts