Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't think you will have any issues if the dealer is ready to program it for you. How much are you paying for the whole thing, kessy and programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
O and i got my kessy back from Autotronics and it doesn't appear to be draining the battery but the keyless entry and keyless lock still dont work

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't think you will have any issues if the dealer is ready to program it for you. How much are you paying for the whole thing, kessy and programming?

Kessy 250.00 pound, with freight about 500.00 Ausy dollars. VW said about 1hr labour so about $150.00

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
250 pound is too much for a used kessy. I've seen fx versions for less. 150 for programming is ok.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
No way. Let me check the price of that thing. Did you ask the dealer for the kessy price?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
250 pound is too much for a used kessy. I've seen fx versions for less. 150 for programming is ok.

They wanted 300.00 i thought i did well now i am disappointed haha. i will be happy if i can just get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Mmmm. I still don't understand but ok get the used one and program it at the dealer. The dealer has the tools to adapt it. If he fails well then you buy the carprog tool and do it yourself. Carprog is 50$ on aliexpress.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mmmm. I still don't understand but ok get the used one and program it at the dealer. The dealer has the tools to adapt it. If he fails well then you buy the carprog tool and do it yourself. Carprog is 50$ on aliexpress.

Ok thanks for your help, i will update when i receive the new (to me) kessy fingers crossed, the kessy comes with a money back warranty.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Good. Don't forget to come back with a happy ending
I had a similar issue two weeks ago with the comfort module. My third brake light wouldn't shut off and the left brake light stopped working. I had a spare upgraded comfort module I bought on ebay. Last version for the T1. I plugged it in and voilà third brake like started working as expected and left brake light was back to life again. I got the module for less that 50€ with shipping.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
4 Participants
TRespect
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing