Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined board after purchasing a used 2011 V6 Touareg. Finding that the owners manual is my best friend. This car is way smarter than me. Love it so far but discovered a slight problem with a wet passenger side floor. Not good since I live in the Pacific North Wet. Does anyone know where I can get a repair manual for this car. Been searching but have only found a manual up to 2009. Thanks in advance for the consolidated wisdom I'm finding on this board.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just bought mine as well-- an 09-- and experienced a similar issue after first heavy rainstorm.

Do you hear sloshing when accelerating, decelerating, and turning? Are both footwells wet, or just the passenger side? Is the cabin air filter also wet?

I'll try to find all of the links I've read through so far, but here are some possible causes that will at least give you key words/phrases to search for in the meantime:

- Sunroof drains clogged or drain hose has come unplugged from the sunroof frame
- Sunroof seal against sheet metal of roof is faulty and leaks down the pillars (unlikely)
- Weep holes in front of firewall have become clogged with debris, preventing drainage
- Rocker panels have water in them, remove the center black rubber plug to drain
- A/C condensate hose is loose and is dripping on the carpet

·
Registered
189 Posts
- Sunroof drains: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/unplug-sunroof-drain-hoses-44277.html

- Picture of sunroof drain tube location:
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/does-your-toaureg-leak-in-the-rain-photo-68756-2.html

If you pour some water in each corner of the sunroof on a dry day, you should be able to see if it's draining from all 6 locations. If it's not, it's possible the other drains can't keep up. This might even lead to dripping around the compass area: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1895419-Leak-near-compass-module

- If the sunroof seal to the sheet metal is faulty, there's not much you can do yourself unless you have an interest in dropping the headliner and are handy with welding. Fortunately, this is somewhat rare.

- Unplug your cowl drains: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f73/diy-cowl-drains-57187.html
You don't need to take the entire arch liner out, I was able to get at it by removing only 3 of the screws and putting a screwdriver in the rubber tube. Mine was not only clear, but the rubber plugs were already removed by the previous owner.

- You shouldn't need a link for the rocker panel plugs, just look along the underside of the rocker panels and you should find the rubber plugs. Take the center one out on each side and drive around a bit to slosh the water towards the drain. I leave mine unplugged.

- A/C condensate hose: http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f43/a-c-condensation-drain-outlet-cant-find-it-38457.html
Requires removal of the passenger side carpet, there are pics there.

Good luck with your egg!

EDIT: Note that any plugs you remove were there for a reason. If you intend to ford with your Touareg, you may want to put them back in, at least until you're back on pavement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome and thanks to both for the wet interior heads up from a fellow new member.

I had a truck where the AC drains got clogged and backed up into the passenger compartment floor so your posting is a great reminder for me to check the new truck and the possible areas where water can enter into the cabin.

Thanks again and post a photo of your respective trucks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. I don't have a sunroof so that rules out that problem area. I will check out the other items listed if I can locate. Already had the front wheel and liner off but couldn't locate any drain plugs. So far only have water in the passenger side. Biggest problem is locating the offending culprit. Still looking for the oil filter as well. :) Wish I could find a manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also just joined and have tons of questions. At the risk of embarrassing myself... where do you go to make a new post? I have been clicking around on different links for 30 minutes and can't find it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have also just joined and have tons of questions. At the risk of embarrassing myself... where do you go to make a new post? I have been clicking around on different links for 30 minutes and can't find it.
Go to the main forum area Club Touareg - Volkswagen Touareg Owners Community and pick a forum, then you will see the New Topic in the upper left above "Threads in Forum"

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Before you ask any questions, take time to read the highly informative buying a used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts