Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just purchased a 2012 Tdi Touareg with 99K on it for a great price. The truck is in great condition.

I guess the question is, am I crazy for not knowing what the fix will be for this year Touareg ? (Or even if there will be a fix at all) :confused:

Cheers
Colin

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm guessing you're not in the US? If you are, and you found a seller willing to sell below buyback, then you're a genius. Drive it like you stole it, then sell it back at the end of the buyback period. I doubt they will ever come up with a fix for 2012's, but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
I am in Ontario, Canada.
Not at all crazy...the car is still an excellent machine which will do everything it would do before all the publicity.

Well done!

Stuart...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recently purchased a 2013 TDI in Quebec from a VW dealer, and registered it in NS no issues. We don't have e tests here, but I'd guess it would pass the same now as it would have before.

·
Registered
821 Posts
YOU HAVE A GREAT CAR. If there is a fix you get it,if not you will pass inspection since the car is set up to pass tests. Don't be afraid of the fix aspects,they said they would never fix the 09 2.0s,guess what they have a fix!! I'm keeping my 2012 either way.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
your not crazy 2012s are awesome..before the removed auto hold..under door lights and stuff.

Vw cant have mine back, the epa can go suck a **** ...i love this thing so much, drove a v6 gas you wont ever see me in one...gutless, horrible on fuel and cant pull like a freight train...getting over 30mpg easy is just a thing of beauty in such a quick and capable machine

oh yah i bought mine with 100k on it...opted out of any warranty, closing on 200k now and its been flawless

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just did my fix, drives like before but the letter states it may decrease fuel consumption by up to 2.2 L per 100 k and add blue may increase. I received $4887 CAD for my troubles but was disappointed because I put on offer on a new 2018 Atlas Execline( what a beautiful vehicle), but I will still enjoy my Touareg because it a solid vehicle with great gas mileage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts