Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trip I am planning for June, just my and my new TReg :)

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not especially, full route details not yet worked out, so we will see :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, thats just what i am looking for

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hwy 1 is a very scenic drive. Lots to see along that route. If your time allows for it, I recommend going through Yellowstone National Park. It's beautiful that time of year.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Highway 12 - Highway of Legends - from Trinidad up through La Veta is a nice drive. highway of legends, colorado - Google Maps -- and a view too!

<click for larger>

If you want to get off road a little - Phantom Canyon Road from Canon City to Victor, CO is pretty fun but it's not what lots of folks would call a road. :)

Not to slight Utah because they certainly have some beautiful country but if you're only doing this once I'd recommend Yellowstone instead of Utah. Awesome roads through the park too! Bring or rent some good optics and the Lamar Valley is amazing for wildlife.

Lots of folks go see Old Faithful, watch it blow and then leave. I recommend watching up close first, then walk over to the Old Faithful Inn and have a snack and drink on the balcony during the next eruption. Don't know why but it was always really relaxing for us.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
59 Posts
enigma said:
Hwy 1 is a very scenic drive. Lots to see along that route. If your time allows for it, I recommend going through Yellowstone National Park. It's beautiful that time of year.
X2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts